Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering with all these header designs and alot of them with piping going all different directions, and some needing a condenser delete, Has anyone tried the do a ram horn like the FI manifolds?

My thinking is that if it flows great for a turbo, why wouldnt it flow just as good for mid to top end N/A? Then you would have a 2.5" sweep under the oil pan and have good ground clearance. You can use Vbands at the collector for simple removal of the pipe.

Maybe this has been posted before, but I havent seen anything on it.

Thoughts and Ideas?

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Kool ^^

I know I wasnt the only one who has thought about this.. Instead of a T3 flange, just a 2.5 Vband and a flex pipe somewhere inline.

Ill volunteer to be the first one to try it out and give back dyno results.

I have a 11.2:1 B20 P8R almost ready to drop in my bay and in the market for a header that will flow mid-high RPMs

As long as the runners are close, the exhaust pulse should be fine.

Greg, whatcha think?

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
i think the reason this inst very common is because your runners will be very short so it will give you no bottom end and its proably so short that the resonance would want to shift your power band to idk say 15k rpm

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont believe that at all.. theres plenty of high flowing headers on the market.

and the loss of torque thing is a myth imo

·
Registered
414 Posts
Exhaust scavenging is very real, fluid dynamics man. Its not a theory, its a fact. Whether or not its implementation in high-end long runner headers is noticeably beneficial im not sure, But I see no gains in creating what you speak of other than aesthetics.

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
The collector portion of what your referring to sounds like the old Kamikaze header. This style worked well on old Supercharged setups.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts