Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

The tail of the dragon. Its fun, many of you know. But why havent we gone? Why havent we got off our asses and headed down to this great road? Who knows? Maybe we are lazy, poor, to young to leave home for a weekend, or just havent got a chance to hit the highway and feel alive again. Well this is it. This is your chance. Im always cracking jokes, making fun, acting a ass. People say I never do anything for the local sites. This is it, this is what Im going to do. Im going to set up a rally. For those that wish to ride this great dragon, all you have to do is show up. You are all invited.

This stretch of US Highway 129 running through Deal's Gap, Tennessee, AKA...The Tail of the Dragon is made up of 318 turns in 11 miles. You'll be down shifting and hard on the brakes every turn.

I plan to drive up to the tail of the dragon this September. The 1st to the 4th. Its laber day weekend. I would very much like to have some of my friends come with me. Wether we camp or pitch in for a cabin or just get rooms of our own, it doesnt matter. Im down for whatever. I know for sure that Im going come hell or high water. I would love for each and everyone of you to come with me. It will be a trip you will never forget.

Keith

If anyone has anything to add please post. If you would like to ask me anything feel free to PM me or Email me at [email protected]

I have posted this on all the local fourms to Nola and BatonRouge. Pretty much anyone is welcome to come. Just thought I would post up and see if some of the my dseries brotheren would like to ride the dragon with me. I will be back to post more info later on.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
never been, but I heard it's a blast. Not too far for me, if I can get time off I'd be willing to go :p

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
go on a Tuesday or Wednesday, never EVER on a weekend.......

too much traffic, too many cops.

BTW, you'll learn brake management REALLY quickly.

Also you won't be downshifting much running at 7/10th you'll be stuck in 2nd gear most of the time.

Also PRAY a 18 wheeler doesn't come the other way.........your gonna LOSE!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
transzex said:
go on a Tuesday or Wednesday, never EVER on a weekend.......

too much traffic, too many cops.

BTW, you'll learn brake management REALLY quickly.

Also you won't be downshifting much running at 7/10th you'll be stuck in 2nd gear most of the time.

Also PRAY a 18 wheeler doesn't come the other way.........your gonna LOSE!
I have been on a weekend. Its not as bad as you make it out to be. But you must always watch whats going on around you. I enjoyed it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
Really not that bad? took a hour to go 13 miles......went on a "off" day and it was less than half that.

From Gatlinburg, Sugarlands visitor center to Cades Cove, then Townsend. Hop on the Foothills parkway to US129. from the dragon head east to Cherokee, then back across Newfound gap road.

Or From Pigeon Forge take the back way to Townsend, run up and back on the dragon, come back to PF and play on the gokarts :)

BTW police have been cracking down on speeders on the road between PF and Gatlinburg.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I got a ticket last time I went. I will know better this time. Its going to be fun. The tail of the dragon is not the only plans I have for that weekend.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i go all the time. i ride bikes through and take my car. last time i went my brakes got too hot and quit working completely. that was scary as fuck. its fun tho. and killboy gets some good pics. ridin solo will go.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
transzex said:
Really not that bad? took a hour to go 13 miles......went on a "off" day and it was less than half that.

From Gatlinburg, Sugarlands visitor center to Cades Cove, then Townsend. Hop on the Foothills parkway to US129. from the dragon head east to Cherokee, then back across Newfound gap road.

Or From Pigeon Forge take the back way to Townsend, run up and back on the dragon, come back to PF and play on the gokarts :)

BTW police have been cracking down on speeders on the road between PF and Gatlinburg.
you must have went on a really packed day. we go on sundays and its not to bad.

we could all take a ride through the skyway and have some higher speed fun after we leave the gap.

R

·
0 Posts
yea me and lsturbohatch10 go up there alot.you must have been up there when it was packed. cause i can run through the gap in like 12 mins on my bike. and prolly around 15 mins in a car but never really timed it. go on sunday or middle of the week is the best time and it'll be alota fun.

R

·
0 Posts
"HELL YEA" I'm down on a meet up there it just lets me and lsturbohatch10 know!!!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will remind yall when it gets closer. Get some people together up there I will BBQ, then get yall to show me so of the fun roads yall got up that away.

E

·
0 Posts
dude theres other forums goin the first weekend of august? why dont we all go then...its about 15 minutes from my house....AMAZING road....and weekends arent as bad as they have been made out to be, ive been the past 2 weekends and it was awesome.....we could make this a pretty big meet.... hondacivicforum, jdmuniverse, team-integra, clubcivic and now u guys know about it, we could tell honda-tech...and itd turn out to be a huge meet and itd be so bad ass....if anyone is interested in the first weekend just pm me or reply to this....labor day weekend may not be a very good idea cause holiday weekends have alot more tourist goin through there, august rounds up the tourist season cause most peoples kids are starting back to school and stuff....im just throwing up ideas though

E

·
0 Posts
first weekend of august is still going down with the local people....anyone thinkin about showing up?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stop trying to jack my thread!!!!
I try my best not to do anything with honda-tech.

This is still going to happen for anyone tthat wishes to go.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
ill be there on the first weekend of august and in september. ek2ner knox. im really looking forward to seeing your car. it looks bad ass.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
theres alot of pics of me riding through on killboy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts