Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have 10.5:1 Arais Pistons For The All Motor Engine I Am Building. I Bought The Pistons Thinking They Were 11:1 Comp. I Was Wondering If I Do Some Shaving, Around How Much Compression I May Be Able To Make. Or If I Should Go Fetch Some Zc Pistons. I Would Like To Sit Between 11:1-12:1.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would shaving the block deck a bit be an idea?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I Have 10.5:1 Arais Pistons For The All Motor Engine I Am Building. I Bought The Pistons Thinking They Were 11:1 Comp. I Was Wondering If I Do Some Shaving, Around How Much Compression I May Be Able To Make. Or If I Should Go Fetch Some Zc Pistons. I Would Like To Sit Between 11:1-12:1.
I did the same thing. My arias pistons said 11:1 in the advertisement but upon closer inspection of the data sheet that was when using a vtec head.
I'd just go with a thin MLS headgasket from a Y8 or Z6. Also, like Bigtuna said you can always have the head milled.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
would shaving the block deck a bit be an idea?
I'm not sure if that would have the same effect as milling the head or not. I know you can only deck a block so much before the piston would make contact with the head though...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Head milling is always better than block decking, you dont want to mess with the piston height ect.
yep, its safer, cheaper, and easier. doesn't make any sense to deck the block unless there was some severe overheating and warping issues.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I almost had the same thing happen, but caught it at the last minute. I actualy called arias though and had them make higher comp pistons. It's really not that much more then the shelf pistons. Just another option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts