Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least for now i wanna go N/A with my D17A1. I obviously need to raise my compression if i want some good power...BUT i cannot find anywhere on this planet earth any high comp pistons for the A1. Does anyone know of any companies that make them or an solutions to my problem?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WHile i'm at it

I have the same problem trying to find a cam for this motor. ANyone help me here...?

·
Registered
2018 TRD
3,610 Posts
There are several decent 7th Gen performance sites:

www.dezod.com
www.truehonda.com
www.procivic.com
tunertoys.zoovy.com

However none of them have high-comp pistons for the D17s. Cams in every flavor, rods, F/I and stock pistons, sure, but none for high comp NA. I thought I had a site with them somewhere in my bookmoarks. I'll keep digging and let you know if I find anything.

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice

Thanks for the helpful input all of you. Greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I searched these sites and still can't seem to find any cams for the non-vtec D17A1. This troubles me deeply. I want a cam bad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
well i dont know where to get just a cam but if you are willing to pay a little extra Gude does a head package that comes with a cam for our D17a1 they claim 50 hp untuned. which i have trouble believing. Its a regrind but i guess the way the rockers are in our engines it doesnt matter, the reliability is still good. im still going to get it when i have the money, just cause i also want a little more N/A power... its at gude.com just email them and they will give you price and what the package includes its been i few months since i lasted looked so i dont remember all the details ... would love to see you get it to see how it works on our engine... hope this helps you

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot i will check that out right away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts