Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about done my build on my D16z6 in my 93 coupe, so far what i did is A 60mm TB (off f22), ported skunk 2 manifold, Zex stage 2 cam, AEM cam gear (set to 4 degrees advance), PnP head, and i got some piece of shit no name header. My question is what else can i do to raise the c/r for cheap? cant touch the bottom end, that next years project.Would u think it be a good idea to get the head shaved? if yes how much ? i need the c/r to be around 10.00:1 to 10.50:1. Or should i just leave the head alone and put a D16y8 2 layer head gasket it would put my comp ratio to 9.4:1 acording to this online calculator http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/dcalc.htm

W

·
0 Posts
thinner HG and get a mini-me swap. probably the best way to raise the CR without touching the bottom end.

·
I
3,984 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
thinner HG and get a mini-me swap. probably the best way to raise the CR without touching the bottom end.
why would he want to do a mini me? he has a z6.. and he doesnt want to touch the bottom end...

the only thing i would recomend, thinner head gasket.. i dont know what else would be safer..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where do you get a thiner head gasket than 0.025. Or get the head shaved?? And thanks for clearing that up 9295EJ-T

W

·
0 Posts
9295EJ-t said:
why would he want to do a mini me? he has a z6.. and he doesnt want to touch the bottom end...

the only thing i would recomend, thinner head gasket.. i dont know what else would be safer..
ummm if he puts a y8 head on that block he will have higher compression oh and shaving will help also just don't get to crazy i say no more than .30

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I wouldn't recommend a 2 layer HG, even people use them all the time. Search H-T. You could probably mill the head at least 0.030. Someone was using a 272, y8 HG (3 layer, i think) and milled like 0.030 or 0.040 with no problems. Claying the motor is the only way to say for sure. Your best bet would be to search (similar setups as yours).

W

·
0 Posts
oh my bad i see he has alot of thing done to the head like it being ported but, if you wanted that compression without touching bottom end i would do what i said

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SLO SOHC said:
I wouldn't mill the head, because if you wanna raise compression later (next yr) you'd have to get a new head if you wanted to run pm7 pistons!
No prob.Theres alot of d16z6 motors Up here in Canada, beacause of lots of people swapping for B16's. But im D-series for life!. I think il get the new motor some time this summer and start the bottom end.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
shaved .030" (.75mm) and the cam retard from the milling will HELP you.

You'd gain about .5 compression from the milling.........

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
ummm if he puts a y8 head on that block he will have higher compression
But that doesn't really qualify as a mini-me since you basicly end up with a D16Y8 with Z6 pistons; which is less compression than swapping in a complete D16Y8. "Mini-me" are usually 1.5l or simply non-VTEC to VTEC

Milling the head+thinner headgasket is probably the best option.

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts