Honda D Series Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sorry for the wait - I could not sign on for the past few days my computer did not want to work..

egSi = the prices were held off until we sponsored this site, ship to AUSTRALIA yes yes yes
KENetics1 = the upper 2 tri-y "collectors" are welded on, the lower y is a slip on for easy install - you can weld together once you install or leave a slip style
zeus zore= www.RAGEIMPORTS.com is our site ( no header info yet up ) and yes we are taking orders now
b_thefirst= prices to follow and turn around time is 7 working days plus shippiung time
mynameistin= group buy info to follow
AgentJam= it is going to be test fitted TODAY on a 89 4door with all the ps/ac fill radiator if it clears that it will clear all - tried to call today but no luck give me a call again if you want to
98DXSLPR= trying to anwser everyone now
soccaian= price to follow
b20vtec= not avoiding the price for any reason, just wanted to do the correct business with this SITE/FORUM before I slammed my products/price every where, sorry for the delay

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Rage Racing has spent countless hours and days tuning and trying new sizes and lengths to make this header as close to a "race style" header as possible; but be able to keep all the luxury of the Ac and Ps. This research and time has enabled us to release this header with full confidence in its ability.

Pricing for all ---
Mild Steel 599.00
Stainless Steel 200.00 (304 stainless, stainless tig)
Ceramic coating 130.00 (black or silver avail) add 4 working days
Extra O2 bungs 15.00 per bung
5% off above prices to all D-series.org members + free shipping anytime

Group Buy for D-series.org peeps only --- (10pc min)

499.00 shipped -----

We tried hard to get the prices as low as possible, but the time/material involved in building such a unit so ellaborate we feel confident it will sale itself. Our design is actually 1 1/2 collectors or 3 Tri-y styled collectors so we priced them to compete with the other headers available with similar designs.

Header info -
All headers are sold with out a flange to affix them to the exhaust; this is the only way we could do it to deal with the city/gov laws. That is another reason the headers are sold as a “race item only” or “off road use only”; they will have a limited warranty through Rage Racing Products. Which means we will fix anything that is wrong do to manufacturing defects like welds, tubing length, O2 placement. We will repair any header that is damaged for whatever reason but this will be at customers cost. We suggest that the headers are coated or painted to keep them from rusting in the elements of the weather. Stainless steel material will not rust as fast as mild steel.

Rage Racing Thanks you for your input --
Jason Whitfield

·
Registered
531 Posts
RageDzine said:
AgentJam= it is going to be test fitted TODAY on a 89 4door with all the ps/ac fill radiator if it clears that it will clear all - tried to call today but no luck give me a call again if you want to
NICE!!! let me know how it goes...no biggie if it clears the a/c i'll be calling you :)

Vince

·
Registered
934 Posts
hmm, Im willing to take a drive out to ya guys to pick me up one. Do they work well or have been tested with nitrous or supercharged D's?

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
98DXSLPR = working on paypal account right now should be ready in a few
theSQad127 = thanks alot

AgentJam = man we could have forced it but no go, the car was an automatic and the oil cooler lines hit when we tried to fit it in from the top. As well as the ac lines running across the top on the header. PS cleared with small amount of sanding to the bracket. So the anwser is you can force it to fit but we would say no. So sorry

Arachnid = sorry the group buy is 499.00 with a 10 pc order

Apex001 = we have yet to test on NOS or Supercharged application. We are going to work something out asap.

98DXSLPR = the mild steel is a "weaker" material than stainless, stainless is made for a better compound. The mild steel and the stainless are both 16 guage. Stainless needs much more heat to penatrate the metal during the building of the header due to the strength of the material, strangly enouph the stainless material is lighter then mild. A H series mild steel header weighs about 13.5 lbs and a stainless H series weighs about 2 lbs less. I will get better info on the differences of the metals for you. Stainless is also less likly to rust.

PS
I would like to add that we are going to have these in stock ( at least a few ) by the end of the week for local guys. The out of state sales will fall in the 7 day build

We have test fitted 88-91 EF body with ac NO with ps yes if you do a small amount of shaving to mount. 92-95 EG body all with ac and ps, just need to loosen the mounts to the ac to help installation. 96-00 EK body same as EG body. Unless someone knows of a difference in deck heights for different engines???We also do B series stuff

Thank D-Series Guys

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dumb question but how much would a stainless steel header be? :???: I was a little confused with the price list. Is it $200 only or plus $200. Sorry for the dumb question.

·
Registered
531 Posts
RageDzine said:
AgentJam = man we could have forced it but no go, the car was an automatic and the oil cooler lines hit when we tried to fit it in from the top. As well as the ac lines running across the top on the header. PS cleared with small amount of sanding to the bracket. So the anwser is you can force it to fit but we would say no. So sorry
Aww man hehe, well what about fitting it from the bottom? I dont have power steering in my crx and if all the header won't clear are the a/c lines up top then why not remove crossmember and fit from bottom? Will it clear the a/c compressor itself? and the few inches of hoses that branch off of it?

Thanks,
Vince

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
RageDzine said:

Here's what we have
run 1/2
stock manifold,exhaust,intake room temp83* car running temp hp97.8 tq93.8
run 3/4
rage header,stock exhaust, stock intake room temp97* car " " hp102.4 tq98.5
runs 5/10
trying overall timing changes liked 16*
run 11/12
rage header,greddy exhaust, stock cat room 88* car " " hp106.3 tq102.4

this is all i have but if you want anything else let me know.
Just to be clear. Based on the info provided, looks like this dyno is of the stock header + exhaust vs. the rage header + greddy exhaust. A dyno comparing 2 runs where the only change was the rage header would be more accurate so that people could better see what this header alone does.

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
kommon_sense = A dyno comparing 2 runs where the only change was the rage header would be more accurate so that people could better see what this header alone does.

blue is stock once again but the room was 81* so thats the 0.3 difference in power i guess---- red is JUST the RageRacing header room was 97*. the problem is the new header wanted to flow more than the stock exhaust would let it. also we posted the dyno sheets that others post on new products. we have tried EVERY different set up if you would like to know just ask. the only one we didnt that we should have was with a test pipe.

jnc = stainless d series.org price is 799.oo - 5% = 759.oo plus free shipping if done in a group buy 699.oo plus free shipping

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
AgentJam said:
Aww man hehe, well what about fitting it from the bottom? I dont have power steering in my crx and if all the header won't clear are the a/c lines up top then why not remove crossmember and fit from bottom? Will it clear the a/c compressor itself? and the few inches of hoses that branch off of it?

Thanks,
Vince
We tried every which way - from the bottom was a must but the raditaor had to be out, then trying t get it back in we had no room to move the ac lines to fit it thru the small space. our header is taller so ac lines hit the runners but we were using an automatic car and the radiator has more to it ???

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
we can ship where ever they have cars/truck to get them to you. as for the coating that is our cost from TurboHot, sorry.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
AWESOME, this is great to see someone out there helping out, directly with this sight. great numbers as well.

will there be a header made for the D17 as well? that would be great if ya'll sold a header for the D17. thanks

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
We just got our hands on a 2002 civic and plan to build something soon - keep you posted.

We wanted to show you guys this as well =

DYNO DAY IS ON THE 21st of NOVEMBER

hope to see you guys there

41 - 60 of 78 Posts