Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just wanted to share this with other SOHC lovers and were told about this site yesterday..If this is posted wrong im sorry -

This our new header that works with ac/ps

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also wanted to give info on the car we used, it was a stock 92 cvc dx 1.5 liter with 190,000 miles. The test was done stock exhaust manifold verses our new header. This was done on a dyno jet 248 chassis dyno and room and engine temp were watched to match each test. Hope you like and any input would be great.

Z

·
0 Posts
Sweet!! Prices (approximate)? Will this be bolt on, or wiil a muffler shop need to install it?

·
Registered
636 Posts
collector size ?! 2.5 or what ? more info !.. thx :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have been following the threads from HT and SH web forums and have seen some pretty good info on these headers. I think that the price can be posted here (correct me if I am wrong d series gods). This is a great mod for us guys who want to keep our ps and ac.

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im new to this site so I am looking into the rules before I do anything wrong. On other sites it is a very touchy thing to post prices. This is what I can say *it does work it *will be closly priced to others of the same design in the market *and we love it. I will post as soon as I know the rules.

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zulu said:
Sweet!! Prices (approximate)? Will this be bolt on, or wiil a muffler shop need to install it?
Bolt on at the head will only require you to loosen up the mounts on the ac/radiator then pretty easy. Then the tri-y is slip on and bolt together, but the connection to the exhaust is up to the customer.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i see no problem in posting the price !?
or telleing some more about how big it is ETC..
and who makes them ?

·
Registered
531 Posts
How big are primaries/collector and by saying connection is up to customer you mean there will be no flange after collector just a bare pipe correct?

Vince

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
RageDzine said:
I also wanted to give info on the car we used, it was a stock 92 cvc dx 1.5 liter with 190,000 miles. The test was done stock exhaust manifold verses our new header. This was done on a dyno jet 248 chassis dyno and room and engine temp were watched to match each test. Hope you like and any input would be great.
the 92 civic dx used the stock cat, and stock tiny exhaust piping??stock airbox??? on both tests (with and without rage header)????

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SilentWrath* said:
the 92 civic dx used the stock cat, and stock tiny exhaust piping??stock airbox??? on both tests (with and without rage header)????
we did test on every set up - stock air box, injen intake, greddy exhaust and stock exhaust. i will pos the differences tom when i have the exact numbers from the shop.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
RageDzine said:
we did test on every set up - stock air box, injen intake, greddy exhaust and stock exhaust. i will pos the differences tom when i have the exact numbers from the shop.
thank you much, that data would be very informative

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
SilentWrath* said:
thank you much, that data would be very informative
Here's what we have
run 1/2
stock manifold,exhaust,intake room temp83* car running temp hp97.8 tq93.8
run 3/4
rage header,stock exhaust, stock intake room temp97* car " " hp102.4 tq98.5
runs 5/10
trying overall timing changes liked 16*
run 11/12
rage header,greddy exhaust, stock cat room 88* car " " hp106.3 tq102.4

this is all i have but if you want anything else let me know.

AgentJam
info on the header

3/8 mild steel waterjet cut flange - tig welded - w/ o2 bung - we used 1 5/8 and 1 3/4 for runners. 2 inch on the tri-y and finally into 2.5 in the down pipe to the exhaust. These will be sold as a "race" header so the smog deal wont give us problems so you will have to do the final conection to the exhaust.....sorry.

i would also like to ask if anyone here has a 92 up that we could test fit and dyno this header on. it would need to have ac and ps --- we would need the car for two days.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts