Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys the title says it all. Radio will not turn on. I replaced it with another radio and still will not turn on. I've checked the fuse under the dash and its fine. The cigarette liter works fine as does the clock above the counsel. I noticed this problem after I replaced my heater core and had the dash out. Am I missing a ground cable for the radio that resides in the dash itself? Any help will be appreciated. If it makes any difference it's a 92 dx.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
95 Honda Civic DX
250 Posts
Have you checked the hot wire with a test light or multimeter to see if it was getting power. If it is try running the radio's ground to a bolt on the chassis to be sure it's grounded.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Take the radio ground wire and ground it to the metal that's right under the radio.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
more like. take a test light to both the power wires from the harness to verify power....then use the radio ground wire from the harness to use as a ground. for the test light and re check for power to verify radio ground.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.