Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my little bro picked up a 98 LC civic. looking in it I oticed the factory CD player is mounted infront of the cupholders and also the cupholders have a very nice latch that hides them giving it all a nice clean lok.

now I have a 00 civic EX and I want to relocate my radio to infront of the cupholders and have that nice cupholder cover. I dont want to do it custum wondering if there are OEM pices I could use???

Ive never touched anything audio wise since I got the car just has a pioneer head unti and boston acustic speakers all around.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
10,290 Posts
if you can install a radio can then you can do this... im not 100% positive but i think the can fits perfect without modding at all...

edit* the "can" is the metal cage the radio slids into...

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
711 Posts
your probably going to need to swap out to the 96-98 cup holder set-up and then work from there (thats the way i would do it). It will fit fine i doubt you'll run into problems there.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
i did this with my 97 civic, put gauge up top and the radio above the cupholders...the factory harness plugged into an aftermarket wiring harness will have more than enough length to fit it down there so no wiring is in order...also i just slid the metal cage in, popped out some of the tabs to keep it in place and it was done...you will have to take the center console and cupholders out though, i can probably get pics if you want them

·
Registered
00 civic ex
178 Posts
i have a 00 ex and all i did was take the top part off of the cup holder and it fit fine. i use some black tape to hold it there just wrapped it around a couple times. and when i put the center piece back on it looked like it came stock like that.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
very nice reps for all who replied.
civic2n2000 enough blue damn man!

Im just gonna say fug it and go uber JDM yoo000!

lower stereo and its JDM cant go wrong :) lol

·
Registered
711 Posts
I think you'll like it those cup holders are definately nice just watch out they'll hold pop cans fine but anything larger and you have to keep it tucked in (and even then its like the stock cup holders.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
4,223 Posts
i have a 00 ex and all i did was take the top part off of the cup holder and it fit fine. i use some black tape to hold it there just wrapped it around a couple times. and when i put the center piece back on it looked like it came stock like that.

wow.... all that blue would just get fuckin annoying.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea I dont go to McDonalds or any of those places or when I do I always get the smallest stuff they have since fast food is TERRIBLE for you.

·
Banned
2,467 Posts

CLICK HERE

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
REP+

PWNED lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.