Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do the head lights, brake lights, speedo (not the tach) and radio have in common? I assume a ground somewhere, but haven't found anything suspect yet.

It doesn't happen every time, but more often than not when I turn on my head lights the radio turns off and then back on. It will also happen sometimes when I hit the brakes. A couple of times I have noticed the speedo will drop for a second when I turn the lights on when moving.

Nothing else seems to be effected. My clock is fine, and so are the two gauges I have on the pillar. Both of them are pulling power from the accessory plugs at the top of the fuse box.

Every connection I have made is soldered, and I removed every crimp connector the previous owner used (or at least all the ones I found).

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well their ought to be some kind of cross connection i guess..otherwise it shouldn't happen at all..you mentioned that you have checked the wiring..i think you might wanna have a look in it once more.
I spent a couple of hours going through wiring yesterday. I also cleaned up and replaced some of the ground wires that looked shitty. The negative battery wire was all corroded at the terminal. The outside of the clamp looked fine, but the inside where it makes contact was full of crap. This is the second time I have had to clean that out. Something there doesn't seem right.

Wierdly enough, mine did this when my alternator was going out. Then it went out completely, got replaced, and ive never had that problem again.
This is where I am heading next if what I did yesterday doesn't fix it.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Wierdly enough, mine did this when my alternator was going out. Then it went out completely, got replaced, and ive never had that problem again.
This x2. Test voltage at battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts