Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car: 94 Honda Civic EX

Question: Does anybody how much shops usually would charge to install a raditor support. meaning remove the old one and install the one?

P.S: Yep I just got my car hit by a ford Excursion the day before my headgasket change. The only thing that hit me was the hitch destoying my hood, lip, bumper, reinforment, support, radiator, and hood latch. He was only backing up from a parking lot and didn't see my car. Lucky he stayed until I came out of the store.

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
i got estimates on mine and i got anywhere from 1100-1500. That might have just been my area...but i just took a bottle jack and bent mine back out

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
I took the two main bolts out tht connect to front of frame and took a 1/4 inch drill bit and drilled out the spot welds just enough so that i could remove the old radiator support .Then i took a grinder and cleaned it nice and smooth to prep it for my friend to weld it back on worked fine for me just remember most of your front end or pretty much all of it lines up from your rad support if you make this fit nice everything else will fit right into place like a glove.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hellhatch said:
I took the two main bolts out tht connect to front of frame and took a 1/4 inch drill bit and drilled out the spot welds just enough so that i could remove the old radiator support .Then i took a grinder and cleaned it nice and smooth to prep it for my friend to weld it back on worked fine for me just remember most of your front end or pretty much all of it lines up from your rad support if you make this fit nice everything else will fit right into place like a glove.
^^^BINGO!!!...It was hell drilling all the welds out in the sun. I was sweating BALLS!! That's why body shops charge so much....it's hellfied work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts