Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stupid question that i should already know the answer to...

does it matter if the line from the reserve to the radiator is level? im thinkin of mounting my tank lower than stock level by about 4 inches...this hsouldnt make a difference right?

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
it shouldnt, the overflow tank works by syphoning the coolant:beer:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok another question...i just picked up my new one...ill try to give you a visual...

standard tank, threaded cap on top and smaller threaded drain plug on bottom, clear tube along 1 side from top to bottom for a fluid level visual...nipple at top for tube connecting to radiator, and another clear tube connected at the top with nothing on the other end, jus the tube...

1st question: what the hell is this extra tube for?! its just a tube connected at the top...

2nd question: how is the fluid supposed to be cyphered back up if theres no tube inside the tank?!

im going to email the company, but any quick help would be nice

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
k1dfreeze said:
1st question: what the hell is this extra tube for?! its just a tube connected at the top...

2nd question: how is the fluid supposed to be cyphered back up if theres no tube inside the tank?!
the threaded bottom is where you would connect to in this case, since not all overflow tanks have a tube that dips in. it will still work from the bottom.

and the extra tube that goes nowhere is on case you waaay over pressurise the tank it just blows out. ( i bet that cap has no hole in it or on the neck where it screws down.) notice your OEM has a very tiny hole to allow air to escape.

stop being lazy post the pics already, this would make a DIY writeup!:beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts