Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What other radiators will fit my 90 honda civic wagon fwd? Just 88 to 91 civics or will something from another car fit?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nvm pulled a rad out of a 90s honda that was the same height but half the length. Its aluminum so I think it will probably be as good or better then the stock copper one

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,104 Posts
find the measurements you want, and go explore rock auto or google. some vw rads fit

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I needed it today so nothing online. I went to the junkyard to find something I could make work, And yea there was a vw that had nearly the exact dimensions with the ports in about the same place. I opted for the aluminum one that was smaller tho. It looks like its gonna work but won't know for sure until i get the head back on

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
none of the 88-91 civic/crx radiators were half size, that was exclusive to 92-00 civics.

Looks like a prior owner of that vehicle did an engine swap and partially returned to stock, or found a radiator far cheaper, or whwatever reason.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
none of the 88-91 civic/crx radiators were half size, that was exclusive to 92-00 civics.

Looks like a prior owner of that vehicle did an engine swap and partially returned to stock, or found a radiator far cheaper, or whwatever reason.
Sorry, by 90's I ment the 92+ model civic. None of my local yards had any 88-91's and I needed the car done that day. Thats why I used the half sized one. Ive put 200~ miles on it so far with no problems

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,303 Posts

What about the 3/4 sized units in the EF's? Mostly HF CRX's and STD HB's

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
3/4? You mean the ones that have that extra 6 inches or so chopped off one side?

I thought those were always some sort of neutered aftermarket offering, not a factory setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts