Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is my problem just got my delsol back on the road built a y8 everything is great except while I was driving car started over heating pulled over water was gushing from radiator cracked on the top under filler neck so okay towed it home put another good radiator in drove it for 20 min an bam cracked near the mount WTF would cause this???

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is your rad support bent up and putting pressure on the radiator? Could be causing stress on the tank. Should be able to slightly wiggle the rad when properly mounted.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
yeah I check that def no it looks like it started on the corner worked its way around
You got a picture ? That way we could visually see the problem...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
So if the other rad was used also, I wonder if it already had a stress crack in it? A pic could help
A pic may help decide if your rad mounts are bent a causing unneeded pressure on the radiator.

·
Registered
883 Posts
shit happens sometimes too, replace and done.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Blown headgasket forcing air into the cooling system, pressurizing beyond what the rad cap is able to dissipate.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
compression is good there is no back pressure entering into cooling system by the way of a HG i think it might be just a faulty radiator... Im going to by a go autoworks full alum and see if that helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts