Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as stated in my intro I rear ended my girls car following her home. Since then I have gotten a donor car stripped down both front ends took the wreck one off and cut the new one off and then dismantled it. So my question is if I neex to spot weld it back on or will the bolfs be enough to hold it on. The fabrication shop I work has spme really good welders should I just bolt it on and stick fenders and bumper and hood back on car and then strip it at work a d have someone re tack weld it on? Thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I put my car back togethe using the original bolts that bolt it on place and like 5 self tapping screws on each side where the steel tube frame is. My next question is what would make my engine stall in first amd second gear like it just lugs. I plan on getting new plugs and wires in a week or two depends on my check next week cuz rent is do. And changing my oil pan gasket and oil filter and my valve cover gasket I think I found my oil leak tho. Oh ya and its a jdm d15 pretty much a d15b7. Also it feels like vtec cracking around 4500 rpms so could that be an adjustable cam gear?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
d15b7 doesn't have vtec....

timing light and an fsm to see if its correct.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
so, then how could it feel like "vtec cracking"? no power in the lower end but power up high sounds like the timing could be advanced a bit.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
That area you are pointing at in second picture is the timing cover. if its leaking oil, it POSSIBLY is the valvecover leaking behind it, but it is likely the camshaft seal is leaking.

either way, oil on the timing belt is a big no no. Expect to do a timing belt if it has been leaking for some time. Inspect timing belt for softness and/or chunks missing if its been a long time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well do I bout this car is march wrecked it in April or so and just now got it fixed was planning on dping the valve cover and oil pan gasket soon and retime the car just bought a craftsman timing light but didnt come with the cord only paid five dollars fot it tho anyone know where in can get a timing light replacement cord?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts