Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rad fan help needed .. 94 civic 1.5l it has been working fine forever but today i was sitting in a traffic jam for a long time and the car got warmer than normal and once the fan came on it was cooled back down to normal the problem is that since it got hot it now runs all the time as long as the key is on... car has been off for 4hrs and as soon as i start it the fan now come on. ps the rad fluid level is fine. thanks in advance

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
the temp sending unit mite be bad causing the fan to stay on. if the temp sending unit is reading the engine being hot it will cause the fan to stay on.

·
Registered
1990 CRX DX
126 Posts
sounds like a bad temp. sending sensor . try unpluging it and see if the fan stays running , im pretty sure if you have a bad one it will make the fan run all the time . happen to me one time on my 1995 SI , and thats what the problem was. you can get one new for about $15-20

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Check your fluid. My mom's Chrysler did that when it was leaking coolant, and my Accord was doing that until I checked the fluid Saturday and found out it was really low(added like 2 quarts of coolant directly into the radiator).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts