Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought new seats for my car thinking about getting a pair of Racing Harness . i dont autox it and i dont have a cage so i would have to bolt them where the back seats were , ;) are there pros / cons with them.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yea idealy you want the harnesses to be mounted or looped over a bar level with your shoulders. if you bolt it to the floor or the backseat area if/when you crash as your body moves forward the belts will push you down to slow you down.

if done at shoulder level they will hold you back not push you down if you crash.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i bolt it to the rear backseat area do i have to get a longer harnesses
or extention

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
If you want to have the harnesses function properly and safely, you're going to need to either make a harness bar or buy one. I know Sparco has them as well as a few other companies I can't remember right now.

Besides, harness bars make an excellent place to mount your camera. :TU:

Reactions: Chiovnidca

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
It's nice that you are getting one for the passenger too. I knew a guy that had one for only the drivers seat and drove like a maniac, but he was kinda a dick. What kind of seats did you get? Got pics?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
im probably going to get the 4 point sparce harnesses blue the price is right , i like the takata but i dont want to spend $750:shocked:
i need to find a harnesses bar, who else makes them other then sparce $400 i can a get a autopower roll bar for that price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts