Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and it was a joke.

It was some guy and his buddy in an older Tiburon and they pull up to the light that I'm already waiting at. I was only 100 miles into breaking in my new clutch with my new Si trans w/ZC 3-4 so I really didn't want to race. It turned green and I just walked at as usual, shifting at 3500. Almost as soon as I shift into 3rd, he drops it and takes off. I instantly said "fuck it" in my mind, dropped it to 2nd and just started whooping him. (PS - the 2-3 shift is fucking INSANE. I told my friend I put my new trans in, took him for a ride, and he didn't believe me. He thought I did an LS swap with a cable GSR trans: it feels THAT good.) Anyways, this was the first time I took it to 7000 in any gear, so I'm just laughing my butt off at how much fun it is.

We get up to the next light, I got there first obviously. When they pull up, they look over and kinda nod and stuff. When it goes green, I let him take off first, I roll out in 1st, then hit it. I walked him before I was done with first, lol.

Not the best of kills because the other car was stock and a Hyundai, but my first kill with the new and improved trans was fun nonetheless. :TU:

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Nice, I want a ZC gearset...

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Not the best of kills because the other car was stock and a Hyundai, but my first kill with the new and improved trans was fun nonetheless. :TU:
lol at the Hyundai comment:hammer:

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
what clutch did you go with

1 - 8 of 8 Posts