Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, tis guy in his black V8 LS kept getting beside me and reving so we went from a roll (30 mph) all the way through second I pulled pretty good and by the time we hit 100 mph i was like 3-4 cars and pulling pretty hard. went from a dig at a local street light I dogged him out of the hole by about 2 cars and wound up beating him by like 5-6 cars through 100 mph. I went to a gas station after and he followed me, and he asked "what do you have in that thing?" my reply. "Just a single cam 4 banger!" he looked disappointed and drove off. I love it!

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
whats your setup.

my dad has an 04' ls v8 and it is very quick. prolly about a 14.8 in the quarter. car and driver rated them at 14.7 so i mean, they arent slow even though they only have a 3.9L in them. and especially since they have the 5 spd automatic. they pull hard up top, you must have a nice setup to pull him that bad.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
whats your setup.

my dad has an 04' ls v8 and it is very quick. prolly about a 14.8 in the quarter. car and driver rated them at 14.7 so i mean, they arent slow even though they only have a 3.9L in them. and especially since they have the 5 spd automatic. they pull hard up top, you must have a nice setup to pull him that bad.
ditto.... yeah whats your setup damnit

·
Registered
Civic
209 Posts
Long story short, tis guy in his black V8 LS kept getting beside me and reving so we went from a roll (30 mph) all the way through second I pulled pretty good and by the time we hit 100 mph i was like 3-4 cars and pulling pretty hard. went from a dig at a local street light I dogged him out of the hole by about 2 cars and wound up beating him by like 5-6 cars through 100 mph. I went to a gas station after and he followed me, and he asked "what do you have in that thing?" my reply. "Just a single cam 4 banger!" he looked disappointed and drove off. I love it!
:bull:

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
"Just a single cam 4 banger!" he looked disappointed and drove off. I love it!
i dont care what his set up is, this part was funny, so if he's full of shit, i got a laugh out of it so im happy...hahaha

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I now have a Greddy TD04H kit on my car, so for all you bullshit artists there you go!:mad: . Haven't been on here in a while, so my mod list isn't updated. i bought my friends used TD04H kit off of his EX. I'm running about 9-10 psi. He was running about 7-8 but I turned it up a bit. I know it's a little risky but I don't really get on it that hard. Most of the time I never even redline it.:cussing: I told you guys I was about to go FI with either the supercharger or turbo. Luckily my friend decided to move to Texas and sell me his kit for the cheap. I bought it and the FMIC for a G. Was that too much? He had about 6-8K on the kit before parting out his car.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey mang you guys should have never doubted me in the first place. I mean I'm not some stupid ricer that makes up stories about beating cars like an LS. Hell I'm 30 years old and have a kid. The last thing I am is a ricer! sheesh!

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Hey mang you guys should have never doubted me in the first place. I mean I'm not some stupid ricer that makes up stories about beating cars like an LS. Hell I'm 30 years old and have a kid. The last thing I am is a ricer! sheesh!
dude no one called you a ricer! get that straight. And i never doubted that you beat one, i simply asked what you setup was because i know they are quick cars. why esle would you post that you beat a lincoln ls...............who the hell races those. i mean, that would be an odd win to make up. ya know what i mean, but congrats on the kill, and noone here thinks your a ricer

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
id be willing to bet i coul dpull one or hang right with it an dim na... so the "bs" flag isnt really somethign to pull
good kill and hows the turbo treatin ya??

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
shit, i beat a new ferrari...

but then the light turned green and my fantasy was wrecked due to reallity setting in...:haha:

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
I beleive him..... the greddy turbo kit on my 96 ex help me pull on a 6.0 GTO..... and I know the kid who I raced and he said he was trying.... so.... nice kill bro!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Turbo's good. Hey MYblkVTEC what kind of times did you run with the Greddy kit you are talking about? I haven't gone to the strip yet but I have a decent idea of what I might run. I am actually thinking mid 14's maybe even low 14's in the winter. My car is pulling really nice in these cool temps. Turbo guys gotta love it when winter comes!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts