Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally I don't street race but, this guy was just irritating me.
On the way out of town, I was in the left lane, stoped at a traffic light when a early 90's (maybe) T-Bird pulls up in the right lane beside me. I didnt give it a 2nd thought. When the light for the cross traffic turned yellow, The T-Bird lerched forward, like he thought the light for us was going to turn green. I thought "what was that about?" The the light for us did turn green & he jumped on it. I let him go.
About a quarter mile up the road, the left lane ends & the road becomes a two lane. By the time I reached that point, I'd cought up to him. He was doing 50 mph in a 55. I was stuck behind him for several miles before the road gained a passing lane for our direction. When it did, I started to pass the T-bird. As soon as I started to change lanes, he jumped on the gas. This is where I decided I'd had enough. I droped to 3rd gear & pinned the gas pedal to the foor. He stayed in the gas too. When I shifted to 4th, my rear bumper was up to his door. we both continued to accelorate. He fell further behind. I shitef into 5th & kept in the gas. I cheked my mirrors & I was no longer getting away from him but he wasn't gaining on me. I stayed in the gas for long enough to be sure he wasn't going to catch up. Then I chekef the speedo, just over 100, & lifted. He slowed down too. When I was doing 65 I set the cruse. He slowed down more than I did & I didn't see him after that.
I geuss he thought that his T-Bird was fast or something. I don't know. I was in my EJ1. It isn't paticularly fast. Just a stock D16Z6 5-Speed with an eVil-bay short ram & a muffler shop hack-job cat-back that my brother had done when it was his car. Not what I'd call a fast car. Had I raced him from a standing start, it might have been different. I'm on my steelies so traction would have been an issue.
Maybe this guy saw a lowered Civic & thought "I'll show that ricer punk". Well, it didn't work...& I'm not a ricer damn it.
I have to admit it was fun, but I'm not going to make a habit of it. I'll keep my racing on an SCCA corse.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i get races like this all the time, it seems that hondas invite people to race whether stock or not. Usually i have to show some punk ricer whos boss but you do get the oldies in thier executives who think they can drive but end up crying that they couldn`t get my rear lights outta thier face:werd:

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
103 in the top of third here.....
sucks to be you...

cable SI = 85-ish at the top of 3rd with a 7500 rev limit

that T-bird must have been the n/a one. a guy in a t-bird did almost the exact same thing as me, except his was turbo. he sure thought he was fucking badass. needless to say, i put him to shame pretty well.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
sucks to be you...

cable SI = 85-ish at the top of 3rd with a 7500 rev limit

that T-bird must have been the n/a one. a guy in a t-bird did almost the exact same thing as me, except his was turbo. he sure thought he was fucking badass. needless to say, i put him to shame pretty well.
that is with the 98 ex tranny.... :) at 7k.

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
good times, I don't ever try to pressure people on the street. It is pointless . . . too many cops. The only legitimate street race I was in was because the guy kept lurching right next to me and letting his blow-off valve do its thing next to me. I hate people like that, I just want to cruise man. :D

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
The only legitimate street race I was in was because the guy kept lurching right next to me and letting his blow-off valve do its thing next to me
rofl! that sounds like the shit i do, lol

i always blow off in people's windows, i dont care what you are driving. if you are out with your window down and i need to shift, im gonna get on it and shift right next to you just so you hear it. i guess i still have a little ricer in me :razz:

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts

i always blow off in people's windows, i dont care what you are driving. if you are out with your window down and i need to shift, im gonna get on it and shift right next to you just so you hear it. i guess i still have a little ricer in me :razz:
I do the same thing. I just love the looks I get when it blows off and they look over like wtf was that :lol:

·
Registered
Honda Civic
301 Posts

I think most of us with BOV's do that :cool:

Nice kill by the way, another tick on the honda win column.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
+1 on putting the retard in his place.

Honestly, I've had people try to race me, even did it when a buick was being a dick. STOCK and beat him. I honestly don't understand what that guys like that idea of fast must be. I bet he gets in a z28 and shits his pants.

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wheres dem stickers dave?!?
I don't know. I'll be checking the mail when I get to the house. If they got here, I'll let you know tomorrow. I unplug when I'm home.

Haysoos said:
+1 on putting the retard in his place.

Honestly, I've had people try to race me, even did it when a buick was being a dick. STOCK and beat him. I honestly don't understand what that guys like that idea of fast must be. I bet he gets in a z28 and shits his pants.
Thanks.
I don't know what gets into people. Why did he feel that it was nessesary to show my how fast his car wasn't. It ain't like I'm driving the fastest thing around. Maybe he's afraid to start shit w/ the Camaro / Mustang guys & figured he could beat me or something.

ardevas09 said:
i'm guilty of the same bov activities
If I had a turbo, i'd probably do it too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts