Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a S14 go by me at 90+ and since I had 1/4 tank of fuel(less weight, best for racing, yes very ricey) I tried to catch up. I put it into 3rd and caught up to him real quick. It seems that he wasn't going over 120-125mph. He had to have that KA motor still in his car because a SR would of raped me for sure. Those KA motors are nothing on top that's why it was no surprise to me that I was right on his tail the entire time. I kept hitting the damn speed limiter, didn't matter whether i was in 4th or 5th, really pissed me off. I must of hit it 5-7 times. My car still had plenty of power because it climbed up to that speed limiter real fast.

My car is a stock 99 dx 5 speed. His car had an exaust for sure, not sure what other mods were. It would of been an interesting race if I had no speed limiter. All I know is my car pulls really good in 2nd and 4th.

For all those that are going to tell me to put a ex tranny is pointless. Doesn't matter what tranny I have, I can't go over 120

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
save it for the track man.... 120+ is not safe on highways.... sorry.... and yer car is stock what are you trying to prove?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
This is true...BUT we all went through those time when we did the same dumb shyt.

i'm not gonna flame on ya. glad to hear ya had fun. But yes... trust us it's better off for the track. You could hurt yourself or others by doing it on the streets.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
save it for the track man.... 120+ is not safe on highways.... sorry.... and yer car is stock what are you trying to prove?

absolutly nothing. Been to the track. Some guy crashed into my car. Learned my lesson. Doesn't matter if the car is on the track or street, pretty good chance to get into wreck if you're racing. The only difference is on the street you're putting other people into that equation.

·
Banned
Above
528 Posts
Fa sure Fa sure.But geez your rev limiter is set high.Mines at 100 mph.I don't go that fast anymore.I only did a couple of times.Its all about da speed ya got from a stopping start or rolling start or TURBO's fuck it,always kickin' my ass.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
he must not have been trying...

my stock as a rock '93 240sx would rape LS tegs with I/H/E, i doubt your DX could hang...

·
cool title
1,698 Posts
doesn't seem very likely to me. those ka's have a lot more hp and a hell of a lot more torque than any stock n/a d series.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
he must not have been trying...

my stock as a rock '93 240sx would rape LS tegs with I/H/E, i doubt your DX could hang...
stock theyre not that quick... ive pulled a few.. i see why people either swap or want turbo.. no inbetween lol

but why race around in a completely stock car? lol

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
stock theyre not that quick... ive pulled a few.. i see why people either swap or want turbo.. no inbetween lol

but why race around in a completely stock car? lol
well im just saying that ive beat more than 1 LS teg in my bone stock 240

'94 LS I/H/E, 2 cars easy in 1/4
'95 LS 4-door I/H/E, 3 cars easy in 1/4
'91 LS I/E, 2 cars in 1/4

all these were with my clutch slipping in 3rd gear and up. all were also from a dig and roll, friends that i still hang out with today.

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
'kay. point one. have you ever seen what happens, when you crash at 100+MPH? check this link out. http://www.cincinnatistreetracing.com/streetracing/index.php?showtopic=54469&hl=

point two. if they guy flies past you, at over 100 mph, do you REALLY think he wants to race? the dude was probably just maxing out his car, to go where ever he was headed, and probably wasn't even wanting to race you.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My buddy has a KA 240. His time 1/8th mile 12.3. My time 1/8th mile 9.3. Those 240's are heavy as balls. 2SLOW4

·
Registered
826 Posts
my buddies and i only race to about 70-80mph and then we let off. its pointless to keep on going. i think racing is about showing your cars acceleration, not top speed

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
my buddies and i only race to about 70-80mph and then we let off. its pointless to keep on going. i think racing is about showing your cars acceleration, not top speed
yeah thats better.... I know... but I still dont get why you would try to "race" with a stock car and a dx at that??? :pikachu: :pikachu: :pikachu:

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
but when you dont even get traction until about 60, whats the point of only going to 80? lol

·
Registered
826 Posts
but when you dont even get traction until about 60, whats the point of only going to 80? lol
i have an n/a motor...traction hits at about 20mph. i cant wait to get my ex mani on and race those bastards again...well, i have it on but major idle problems so i took everything off again and i jb welded the air injection holes shut and got a 2000 ex im gasket. now i just need to bolt it all back on.

two of my friends last night said that my car was quick for a 4 banger but it cant compete with v-8 motors. never mind i already beat both of them and they're just butthurt about it.lol

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
My buddy has a KA 240. His time 1/8th mile 12.3. My time 1/8th mile 9.3. Those 240's are heavy as balls. 2SLOW4
first off your buddy cant drive. second off, i never raced over 80 with my ls on the spray. it was pointless. thats where HP really comes into play. now when i get boosted thats a different story. my friends stock gsr turbo spun all the way through 3rd. plus its got the power to pull at those high speeds. i love street racing, and i also love track racing. but 25 bucks every friday and the 30 minute drive starts to hurt the wallet.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
if the track was only 30mins from me, id be there every chance i got
ya its only an 1/8 mile. and if i wasnt in school and had more time to work it probably wouldnt be so bad.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
ya its only an 1/8 mile. and if i wasnt in school and had more time to work it probably wouldnt be so bad.
ya man thats all thats down here is 1/8th mile thats about 40 minutes away and they dont prep it

1 - 20 of 67 Posts