Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and searched for the this answer but found no info..I'm running hondata s300v3 I'm already tuned making 300hp but I'm installing a cam and few other upgrades I I'm goin for a retune once everything is back together I want to run more boost is there a way I can run two maps on hondata one for my daily driver just off the waste gate and switch to a race tune when I go to the track like a open input on s300 AC switch hope that makes sense thanks for any input or info how to do this would be even better

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
You dont need 2 tunes, you just need to set high and low boost using electronic boost control. This can be done easily through Hondata and you can have a switch to choose high/low.

The beauty of EFI is that your tune can work well at all levels. Daily cruise and idle, as well as under high load/boost. There is no need for 2 tunes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have BBG can I do it with the Solonoid through hondata either way I'm sure my tuner can do it I just wanted to have everything set up for next time I go for a retune

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I have BBG can I do it with the Solonoid through hondata either way I'm sure my tuner can do it I just wanted to have everything set up for next time I go for a retune
Periods? I had to reread your post twice.

a good tune means it performs well in any situation.

Electric boost control is all you need if you really want just low and hgih boost.

But if you cant drive the car without hitting high boost, maybe speeding tickets are not expensive in your area....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drive trucks for a living and I'm always getting on my car luckily I haven't got pulled over knock on wood . I think this would be good to have save gas and my license. Is it as simple as wiring one wire to ground and the other to the ecu pin out for AC and the rest in s300settings? Once u press the AC switch u are in high boost ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
You do not need to wire anything to the A/C button, Hondata's uses original wiring harness for that. You just need to configure it from Smanager.

The only thing you need to wire is the Electronic Boost Control as the guys said earlier. You need to solder some transistors and passive components on your ECU, then plumb a PWM solenoid like MAC or GM to your wastegate. You may find several connection diagrams on internet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already have BBG setup and I'm running a Mac Solonoid. So if I understand this correctly I'm all set it just needs to be setup in hondata with my tuner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts