Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any members of d-series drive their d-powered cars on race courses? Not necessarily 1/4mile or 1/8 mile drag strip, but a figure 8 or closed course tracks?
I'd like to hear about some member's days at the track running their D-series:
I've never tried it, I am considering it. I'd have to find out all the details, for my daily dirver might want to do some courses where i can keep my daily driver road ready.

Or I might find a high mileage, cheap used shell, rolling chasis, good body(no engine), hatchback civic. I'd buy a great used engine from hmotorsonline, they have excellent, knowledgeable service. I give homotorsonline my highest degree of recommendation. Then I'd do all the required adjustments to make it a track car; headlights,taillights,rollcage, or any required modification. reduce weight, power to weight ratio is a key. And as I gratefully reminded by d-series member, ninjajp, make my suspension fast as well.

· Registered
2,811 Posts
Do any members of d-series drive their d-powered cars on race courses? Not necessarily 1/4mile or 1/8 mile drag strip, but a figure 8 or closed course tracks?
I'd like to hear about some member's days at the track running their D-series:
I've never tried it, I am considering it. I'd have to find out all the details, for my daily dirver might want to do some courses where i can keep my daily driver road ready.

Or I might find a high mileage, cheap used shell, rolling chasis, good body(no engine), hatchback civic. I'd buy a great used engine from hmotorsonline, they have excellent, knowledgeable service. I give homotorsonline my highest degree of recommendation. Then I'd do all the required adjustments to make it a track car; headlights,taillights,rollcage, or any required modification. reduce weight, power to weight ratio is a key. And as I gratefully reminded by d-series member, ninjajp, make my suspension fast as well.
:3dtard:

Really?

I don't think any of us here do that kind of racing.

· Registered
EG8
2,071 Posts

· Registered
EG8
2,071 Posts
Lol
Thats my local track.
Shannonville?

Lol have any videos on it?

Oh, I forgot to say to the OP; Our D's aren't fast, but If you can get your handling down then you may be better than some because you will be able to hold more speed through the corner.. Since we can barely out accelerate a grandma N/A and have limited top end lol. You wont be CRAZY fast, but you will be fast enough.

· Registered
2,811 Posts
Oh, I forgot to say to the OP; Our D's aren't fast,

Since we can barely out accelerate a grandma N/A and have limited top end lol. You wont be CRAZY fast, but you will be fast enough.
I think Steinar and I will argue with you on this.

· Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
8,291 Posts
150-55whp can only do so much at the track when push comes to shove.

This is why suspension plays a major factor, you want to have the right set-up so you can get what you have properly to the ground.

· Registered
EG8
2,071 Posts
Lol, there is a rag doll effect on your video.

Yea, As much work it is to get 150whp its not a whole lot for racing. Some tracks we just cant hang really.

This guy has more power.

But look at how slow the subaru has to take the turn, and note how/why he caught up so fast...

· Registered
90 CRX Si
5,202 Posts
Bake82, is that in Baton Rouge?

OP, welcome, yes there are LOTS of people who race their civics. You should look into autocross as well, one car on a course at a time, different course every event (supposed to be) and affordable.

Edit: Fodo, there is nothing like the sound of an NA Honda screaming around a track lol, to me anyway.

· Registered
912 Posts
Bake82, is that in Baton Rouge?

OP, welcome, yes there are LOTS of people who race their civics. You should look into autocross as well, one car on a course at a time, different course every event (supposed to be) and affordable.

Edit: Fodo, there is nothing like the sound of an NA Honda screaming around a track lol, to me anyway.

Nope. That is in Ottawa Ontario Canada:3dbiggrin:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.