Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even with my clutch slipping, I decide to go out and see what I can do.

I race my friends CRX with a d15b2, open headers & CAI, beat by 6 > cars.

Race an MR2, beat by 4 cars;

Unknown "fast" integra, also beat by about 4 cars.

I then have a stupid race against 05 corolla, LOL.

WRX non-sti Stage II upgrades(I think just an ECU and exhaust) and my clutch slips 1st and 2nd, and I give up. Stopped for about an hour to wait for my clutch to cool off, and the last race I again raced the sti @ a 20 mph roll. Suprisingly, I was in front until about 70 mph, and then at around 81 we were neck to neck, and @ 100 he was 3 cars in front.

All in all, a good race night, and helpful to see what the difference is once I get clutch + flywheel.

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
need vids

·
Registered
Honda Civic
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
y8 + ssautochrome turbo(I unfortunately didn't know that they sucked balls, so I had it rebuilt, seals were shitty when we opened it, now is fine) @ 6 psi. Walboro Fuel pump, FMIC, flowmaster muffler, & 2 extra injectors(one turns on at 3k another at 45k). Just a cheap lil civic that can keep up with wrx's until 90mph.

Getting my clutch & flywheel next week, hopefully have it installed by the following week.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Race Night Part II - 2 wins, 1 loss

I got my revenge on subaru by beating an STI by atleast 3 cars rolling, how that happened, I don't know lol... Lost to a Probe w/ KLZE engine off the line due to my 1st gear slipping by one car, but rolling I won by 1 car, so we're pretty even. Also beat my brother's Neon R/T Turbo(not the SRT-4, the R/T) by about 1 car and a half. Finally got my clutch & flywheel, now just to wait 2 weeks until i get a chance to install it.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
skoracing said:
what engine management you runinng? and crank up the boost!!!!
secondary injector controller

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
skoracing said:
8 pounds isnt much... crome tune it and then crank her up to 10psi
do it

·
Registered
Honda Civic
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update 3:
Finally got a video of me racing...too bad its when my clutch slips all of 1st, and I lose:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqqTz455Ae8
Yes I know, I look like I'm driving through a school zone!

Anyway, I got a rematch against the probe rolling, and I won by 1 1/2 cars. I was about to leave when another ex boosting 6 psi, with stage III exty clutch and full 3" exhaust...I only lost by 1/2 a car, so I know with my new clutch & flywheel I'd be able to win. Now just to wait 2 more weeks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts