Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if by adding some race gas to a d16y8 sohc stock p2p will damage anything?
car has full exhaust system and a short ram intake many, stock internals, stock clutch.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
If your car is stock wtf do you need race gas for?

And no your car will not run right with race gas on a stock ecu.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
why do you even want to ad race gas? without tuning it FOR the race gas you wont be doing anything except paying $6 a gallon rather than $3
B/c it makes you faster Jimmy:3dtard:.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Are you talking about race gas or methanol and is it leaded or unleaded race gas.

As others have said, if it's unleaded race gas, it simply wastes your money for no good at all unless you retune with more ignition advance. Depending on your compression, you might or might not get gains from ignition advance. Unleaded race gas will do no harm other than excessive cost.

If it's leaded it WILL KILL YOU CATalytic converter and you will fail your next emissions test. That is if you are running a cat and you have to pass emissions. Even if you remove the cat to run the race gas then replace it shortly after, residual lead coming through from the head and exhaust port may still kill your cat.

If its methanol, you will quite likely burn holes in pistons if you don't add about double the fuel to your tune as methanol requires about 6:1 a:f ratio so not be lean vs about 14:1 for petrol.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
if you really want to run unleaded race gas just use the vp 100 street fire or whatever. 96 rating. Its the gas that a few racing leagues allow only that. Its usually chep so check a local dealer. We run that when we go out for the weekends. I dorget the name but its a good fuel and cheap out here for the set resistance.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you talking about race gas or methanol and is it leaded or unleaded race gas.

As others have said, if it's unleaded race gas, it simply wastes your money for no good at all unless you retune with more ignition advance. Depending on your compression, you might or might not get gains from ignition advance. Unleaded race gas will do no harm other than excessive cost.

If it's leaded it WILL KILL YOU CATalytic converter and you will fail your next emissions test. That is if you are running a cat and you have to pass emissions. Even if you remove the cat to run the race gas then replace it shortly after, residual lead coming through from the head and exhaust port may still kill your cat.

If its methanol, you will quite likely burn holes in pistons if you don't add about double the fuel to your tune as methanol requires about 6:1 a:f ratio so not be lean vs about 14:1 for petrol.

thanks that was all i wanted to know! rep for u

·
Registered
23 Posts
i ran 100 octane in my dual point twice...the first time i did it i added 2 gallons to an emplty tank and alot of black gunk came out of the exhaust pipe, meaning the high octane cleaned out my cylinder walls, it will clean your wallet out also tho lol but i ocassionaly run 100 in the dualpoint to clean it out. oh and its a stock ecu and stuff..nuthin went bad whatsoever with my EF

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I think any cleaning effect from 100 octane vs about 90 octane is in the mind of the observer. Their formulations are just not that different. The 100 will have some extra aromatics and less aliphatics, unless the 100 has some lead, then the formulation will be almost identical except for the lead..

·
Registered
70 Posts
i ran 100 octane in my dual point twice...the first time i did it i added 2 gallons to an emplty tank and alot of black gunk came out of the exhaust pipe, meaning the high octane cleaned out my cylinder walls, it will clean your wallet out also tho lol but i ocassionaly run 100 in the dualpoint to clean it out. oh and its a stock ecu and stuff..nuthin went bad whatsoever with my EF
No the black shit means the gas wasn't burning up because you don't have the compression to get the job done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts