Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok the engine in my car is a d15b,it has a vtec head but i am not 100% sure that it is the jdm d15b,is there something that i can look for on the head such as a seriel number or marking of some sort to see?

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
If it sayd D15B and you see the vtec sylinoid on the left side of the block, its the JDM D15B. Take a picture of it, and I can tell you.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i know that it is a vtec head,but i dont know if someone may have had a d15b non vtec and slapped a head on it.thats what i am trying to find out.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thaks ryan you have been a big big help.now for another question,lol (if you guys cant tell ia m new to the honda/acura scene,lol) what pistons come in the jdm d15b?because these are like super low compression from what i can tell,they look like vitaras.i didnt know if the stock ones were flat tops or what,but these are really deeply dished.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am not sure,it has been a while since i had the head off.i pulled it to replace the head gasket with a cometic,and arp studs and i just didnt think they werer stock with that type of dish in them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts