Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to do a sleeperish setup and I was wondering what muffler you would suggest for something that does not sound really loud and poppy(<-- not a word?)? basically I don't want to sound like those guys who put a really loud muffler on there crappy car and when they WOT the sound carries for like 2 blocks

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
dynomax super turbo muffler + resonator.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
For real? I just saw them... they are for less than $20. The price is too good to be true
they are decent as well, but the internals of them arent designed as well as the Dynomax, and as a result wont flow as well.

hit up the Dynomax website and read on how the Super Turbos are set up internally. pretty nice stuff

·
Nor Cal D-series rider
2017 FK8 Type-R / 1993 DX hatch / 2001 LX coupe
810 Posts
What mrnicolas said :TU: The Magnaflow is a cheaper, excellent muffler and might be a copy of the old ES Tuning Systems muffler. Its your basic straight-thru perforated core muffler but looks stock, is quiet and has excellent CFM flow. You can opt for flat black if you don't want the visibility of stainless steel :TU:

Here's my Civic's ES Tuning Systems' technical roadsports 2.25" 'oval.'

Here's where I bought mine.. Inlinefour.com :TU:

·
Registered
822 Posts
^^^WOOOW. Love all of the perforations in that muffler. That's gotta absorb a LOT of sound.

Dynomax Super Turbo would probably quiet the best considering it has 3 chambers of silencing but still a high flow.
If you really want straight through completely and really quiet, I suggest a long resonator (not glasspack) and a straight through muffler such as the ES above, Magnaflow or Dynomax Ultra Flow.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.