Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for what would be a quiet BOV. Im running a evo 8 turbo on at least 15psi. I was thinking a greddy rs knock off with a air filter on the end of it. Any other opinions? Im just looking to keep the flash down on the turbo set up and not draw a lot of attention to the car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Like everyone said, recirculating is the way to go to keep the noise down.

The bosch compressor bypass valves are also fairly quiet. You can find them on turbo saabs at the junkyard.

Sounds like you've already got a flange welded onto your charge piping though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Why in God's name would you want a quiet BOV? Loud and Proud my man, LOUD AND PROUD!!! I kidd, I kidd, to each is own. Look into a Volkswagon recirculation valve. I'm sure you can go onto a VW forum or Ebay and you can find people who would pretty much give you their old recirc setup. That setup looks to be the easiest to adapt to another vehicle. Some manufacturers have weird proprietary setups that are a nightmare to adapt i.e Volvo (my former employer).

·
D-series SoCal Division
659 Posts
Recirculate it into the cabin so only you and your passengers can hear it. lol

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some of these ideas sound pretty good. lol I know 1g bovs can be leaky and the bosch bypass valves look kinda small. I will recirc then. Does it cause any tuning issues or no since we run speed density instead of a pre turbo maf set up?

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
I have a tial Q 50mm BOV and at ~10psi its not very loud. I was thinking about recirculating it back into the S-Pipe for other reasons besides noise and they come with that type of housing all i would need to do is buy the top housing, the correct size silicone hose, and weld the correct size fitting onto the S-Pipe. Dont know how much quieter it would be but at idle my bov is open drawing in unfiltered air which is my reason for the thought.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I bought a Greddy RZ knock off and I will let you guys know how loud it is before I recirc it. Might be a bit before it actually gets on the car though.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
dsm 1g BOV's are fairly quiet. moreso with a filter on end.

Those valves are not quite on my Twincharge setup, I run a radiator hose off of it to the driver side wheel well and I can hear it loud and clear. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts