Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Subbie Outback
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are running a stock 91 DX rack in our stage rally car and are getting tired of the long travel from lock to lock. Is the a quicker rack from another model/year we can bolt on (staying manual)? I can get an after-market quick-steer, but it's a bit spendy.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Typically power racks will have a "quicker" ratio. Figure out which powered rack is quickest and then de-power it. Its pretty easy to do, even when youre not doing it the ghetto line looped way.

·
Registered
844 Posts
We are running a stock 91 DX rack in our stage rally car and are getting tired of the long travel from lock to lock. Is the a quicker rack from another model/year we can bolt on (staying manual)? I can get an after-market quick-steer, but it's a bit spendy.
around 150 from Lefthanderchassis.com I had one on my modified

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Quaife is the easy way, seems like I read somewhere that you can make a quick ratio rack by installing a DA Integra pinion gear, but...can't seem to find the write up and seems like it would be safer to just do the Quaife thing...

One of the projects I want to do to my car (EH2, manual steering) down the road is a quicker ratio rack, my car turns too slow, I've driven a classic Mini that had a "quick ratio" rack, was a nightmare on the freeway lol. Moral is be careful what you wish for, this is a mod you don't want to take to extremes

·
Registered
1990 civic, 1991 CRX
181 Posts
I have the quaife quick rack in my sedan, it is the easy button and it is fantastic. None of the OE racks are even close to as quick.

I'm glad I have PS in the racecar, but man the rack is soooo slowwwww.

·
Registered
Subbie Outback
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the quaife quick rack in my sedan, it is the easy button and it is fantastic. None of the OE racks are even close to as quick.

I'm glad I have PS in the racecar, but man the rack is soooo slowwwww.
Is the turning radius the same as OE?

·
Registered
844 Posts
anyone using the Quaife on a road race car?
at Road america on the short course I have driven a ef hatch with a 3.25?(if i rememeber) it was a even more a PITA in the pits tryin to get around but out on the track it was a VERY EXTREMELY NOTICEABLE difference. I have wanted the quicker 2.something for a while now but more important parts first

1 - 12 of 12 Posts