Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock (stock intake manifold) y7 in a 2000 cx and in preperation for the z6 swap I want to do i want to clear all the emissions stuff out of the bay ( the charcoal canister, purge solenoid,whatever the various sensors besides map/tps/iacv that are on the manifold)

Does it need any of that stuff to physically run? I'm going to throw in my ectune ecu and run it on a tweaked po6 map so i don't have to worry about check engine lights, but does that manifold require any of that stuff to run safely?

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
I have a bone stock (stock intake manifold) y7 in a 2000 cx and in preperation for the z6 swap I want to do i want to clear all the emissions stuff out of the bay ( the charcoal canister, purge solenoid,whatever the various sensors besides map/tps/iacv that are on the manifold)

Does it need any of that stuff to physically run? I'm going to throw in my ectune ecu and run it on a tweaked po6 map so i don't have to worry about check engine lights, but does that manifold require any of that stuff to run safely?

yes and you can get rid of the mani/cat no problem, besides the obvious missing cat. and you need the iat/map/tps/iacv stuff obviously.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea that's why I threw the "besides" in there but thanks for trying to warn me lol. I'm going to yank all that stuff tomorrow and see what happens. I'm not going as far as the cat, just all that stuff that's cluttering up the bay so i can figure out how/where I want to mount go fast goodies.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
why get rid of it all? unless your doing a huge bay tuck, i woudlnt recomend it. and theres better places to lose weight

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a built z6 turbo setup going in. i don't think most of the y7 obd2 stuff is going to be compatible with a obd1 z6, obd1 ecu or ectune.

I'm not doing it to lose weight or for any y7 performance gain at all, i just need the space on the firewall for the -an fuel filter, big oil catch can and lines,aftermarket aeromotive fpr, nitrous solenoid and purge solenoid plus lines. I need all the space the space on the firewall I can get.With all the emissions lines out of the way i can visualize where the stuff needs to go and actually get started mounting some of it.

The only reason I'm removing it while the y7 is still in the car is because I don't want to spend a day after the swaps done figuring out where stuff needs to go/making custom brackets etc etc when i can do that now while im waiting for parts to come in. Make sense? when the swaps done all i have to do is fill it with fluids,upload my old map and then I'm driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts