Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys ?

I'm looking to get a smaller turbo so I can spool faster.

You guys for any ideas?

Let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think for the money guys like the evo8/9 turbo with a custom manifold/adapter. its twin scroll and spools well for a small turbo.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I think for the money guys like the evo8/9 turbo with a custom manifold/adapter. its twin scroll and spools well for a small turbo.
This

Of all the turbos mentioned your BEST choices are going to be the 14b or the td05hr 16g. T25 flows like 290cfm, 14b flows 430cfm and the big 16g flows like 590cfm. I've seen all three turbos in action on stock D's. I wouldn't go any smaller than the 14b unless running 14's boosted is fun for you. If you can find a big16g and can make a Mani, you're gonna be one smiling boy! :)

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im just looking for a quick,cheap,fun,reliable turbo, and one thats not going to shoot oil into my piping and into my intercooler.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
A 1.5L D16Z6?

Im assuming you have some ebay T3/T4. Since you already have a T3 manifold, Id suggest just getting a small T3 turbo.

What does your exhaust look like?
Also, how is your car tuned? Good tuning can make a big difference in spool.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Im just looking for a quick,cheap,fun,reliable turbo, and one thats not going to shoot oil into my piping and into my intercooler.
Quick, Cheap, Reliable: you can only pick 2....

As far as not "shooting oil into your piping", if it's a bad turbo, it's a bad turbo. Even high quality turbos can go belly up if they're abused. If you want something that's inexpensive, will spool quickly, and built fairly well, look for a S16G or a CT28 off a 91+ MR2 turbo.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Read the maps off of a K03 or K04 sport, and actually learn to read the maps. People run way to big of turbos most of the time, but what do I know. They can be had out of a salvage yard for a decent price or off of guys upgrading from a K03 to a K04 sport. The K04 and K04 sport will have a higher premium. If you have the coin look into the reworked Mini Cooper turbo by Alta

1 - 20 of 21 Posts