Honda D Series Forum banner

Quick scca classification question!

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  E. Jeezy 
#1 ·
Ok so I have a honda civic dx and I am in the midst of buying swaybars for my car and I chose a 24mm for the front and a 22mm for the rear. If I was to add a rear progress swaybar that attaches to the rear shock bolts instead of buying rear lca's and hooking a swaybar up to "stock location points" would it bump me from my current SM class to a prepared class? I read the rules and I couldn't quite make this out. Thanks

#4 ·
i dont see why it would make you change your driver class. but then again, its more of a race prep part and not so much of a street part. but i would think that you'd need more than 1 or 2 parts for you to have to change class

#6 ·
if you dont mind me asking, what parts do you have already installed? I want to start doing this and didnt want to over mod lol.

right now i have a 96 dx hatch with a d16y8 motor/trans swap.
4-2-1 header, full 2.5 n1 exhaust, and a cai.

oh and an after market cam.

#7 ·
Well I have a full b16 sir 2 swap with h and r sport springs, tokico blues, header, Short ram intake,, short throw shifter, and pretty soon Type R swaybars front and back, and some Falken Azenis RT-615 tires with 14 or 15" rims. Just doing a swap alone throws me into the SM class! I think you will be in SM class also but don't quote me on it. Let someone more experienced answer that one

#8 ·
shit if doing the y8 swap puts me in there, why not just do a type r swap and stay in SM class hahaha

Reactions: golferman15
#10 ·
its like that here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.