Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a guy selling me 2 garret t28s and i plan on selling them, but i was just wondering are those good turbos to use for a d-series?

T

·
0 Posts
Agreed.

Good for a first time, daily driven, custom boost project.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm getting a greddy kit with a tdo4 and i'm thinking that i'll use one of the t28's and call it a day......should i should i not??? any subjestions?? :?

O

·
0 Posts
actually the t style turbos will not bolt up to the greddy manifold. see the greddy uses a mitsubishi style turbo and only a mitsu turbo will work with them. Also the tdo4e opening is so small that the dsm big 16g won't bolt up to it. I'll promise you that the normal kit can support up to 250-265 wheel power when proper tunning and management.

O

·
0 Posts
the t series os a 4 bolt t3 style. the greddy si a 3 bolt pattern. it doens;t directly bolt up. now some guys have had a t3 flange welded onto the manifold but to me that's like the coke bottle method. what good is it to have a big openign with a tiny bottle neck in the way? (old flange much smaller) the greddy kits are a mitsu TD04E type. straight mitsu. trust me I tried to change something out for it. nothign workse. the hole is tiny as well so the ecslips even the large 15g would not fit. the greddy turbo is about the same as a 15g turbo the 2nd gen that's smaller.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
those turbo's came off of a 300zx, does any one know if those are ball bearings? :shock: i've got pics of them if anyone needs to see them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts