Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a d15b8 that i want to make vtech if switch the head to a z6 i have read that i need to be worried about my pistons and whether they are 8 valve or 4 valve....its a 95 motor how many valve pistons is that...also i know there is a kit you can get for an ls swap ive seen that mounts the vtech onto the oil filter..is that a posibility and what is that called.

·
Registered
2002civic coupe
213 Posts
Not all valve covers have how many valves are in it written on the top. I don't have much knowledge in the d15b8 motors myself but a quick easy way to find out if your having trouble searching is remove the valve cover and count how many valves it has. And I've seen a few ppl get reemed on here for spelling it vtech which is a toy company lol. It's vtec just to help you out in the future man. Wish I could be of a lil more help. I'm gonna check up on the other deal you were speaking of tho with the oil filter that's what caught my attention in your o.p. I've not heard of it either and if I find out ill hit ya back up on here. Welcome to the site. I've learned a lot just searching thru the threads on here and there are a lot of helpful ppl here that will help you out if you search first.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Not all valve covers have how many valves are in it written on the top. I don't have much knowledge in the d15b8 motors myself but a quick easy way to find out if your having trouble searching is remove the valve cover and count how many valves it has. And I've seen a few ppl get reemed on here for spelling it vtech which is a toy company lol. It's vtec just to help you out in the future man. Wish I could be of a lil more help. I'm gonna check up on the other deal you were speaking of tho with the oil filter that's what caught my attention in your o.p. I've not heard of it either and if I find out ill hit ya back up on here. Welcome to the site. I've learned a lot just searching thru the threads on here and there are a lot of helpful ppl here that will help you out if you search first.
very true, which is why I asked for the writing on the valve cover *and* the engine block number to be doubly sure.

VTech. LOL!! always makes me crack up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah yeah vtec roger...lol on the block it ssay d15b8 the valve cover says honda...thats it...the whole point is i want to match a z6 or y8 head on the block but i read that i need an 8 valve piston...

·
Registered
2002civic coupe
213 Posts
Did a lil research on the vtec conversion kit. All it is is a sandwich plate pretty much and it comes with a pressure switch and lines shiz like that. I didn't need any of that stuff when I did my mini me swap using a z6 head. The link 007 posted up for you would be the best route I see. It'll be slightly different since your using a z6 head but you'll get the gist of it. GL with whatever you decide to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts