Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
D-series Champ
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just trying to double check myself. if it's a .48 a/r garrett turbo and it came out of a dsm then it's a 14b, correct?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
It could also be a t-28

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If it's a Garrett it's a T-25. 14B's are MHI turbos and say TD-05 in the compressor cover.

C

·
0 Posts
hey i have a garret td04 is that just like a little step below the t25??

T

·
0 Posts
just get the japanese evo 3 turbo, it is the best turbo ever put out by mitsu imo and its the greatest 16g ever also imo...and they are cheap

·
D-series Champ
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my friend already bought the turbo from a guy that had no idea what he was talking about. it needs to be rebuilt but he only paid $20 for it so why the hell not, right? i just want to identify this thing for sure so i can do something w/ it, because i have no idea what turbos mitsu uses.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Sounds like a paperweight to me. I have the same turbo sitting in the garage, and it needs a rebuild as well. If you are planning on making a lot of power, that turbo isn't going to be big enough.

-Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
1g 5-spd DSM = TD04h 14b
1g auto DSM = td05 13b (baby, shit turbo)

You'll find that the vast majority of those are worn out, seals are crap, and they have terrible shaft play because most of those cars have been run so hard, the turbos are useless.

The evo III 16g is a substantial upgrade from even the base T25 off the 2g DSM's. Most DSMers upgrade to it for the larger compressor housing from what I understand.

The turbo I would check for is out of a newer Saab. The model number from Garett is the GT1752. It's the same turbo used on ^^ 98_4drCivic's setup. It's got a higher nickel content to help prevent heatsoaking. Quick spooling on your average single cam and it's good, in the same case, for 20 psi.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Spotabee Racing said:
1g 5-spd DSM = TD04h 14b

You'll find that the vast majority of those are worn out, seals are crap, and they have terrible shaft play because most of those cars have been run so hard, the turbos are useless.

The evo III 16g is a substantial upgrade from even the base T25 off the 2g DSM's. Most DSMers upgrade to it for the larger compressor housing from what I understand.

The turbo I would check for is out of a newer Saab. The model number from Garett is the GT1752. It's the same turbo used on ^^ 98_4drCivic's setup. It's got a higher nickel content to help prevent heatsoaking. Quick spooling on your average single cam and it's good, in the same case, for 20 psi.
do i know you? :razz:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Spotabee Racing said:
No, I just sleep in the next room over.

BTW, your BOV is loud.
Thanks for reminding me, I need to put a lock on my door.

annnnd, im done threadjacking.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Spotabee Racing said:
1g 5-spd DSM = TD04h 14b
Just a little bit off -
1G DSM 5spd - td05H-14b
1G DSM Auto - TD04-13C

Evo 3 is a Td05H- modified Big 16g Wheel.

I use a Td05H-16G-10cm - 270hp, 240tq @15psi in 4th gear
dyno sheet in my gallery... 220tq+ from 4000-6500rpm :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
ive got a saab t3 42/48 from a 9-3 turbo and it rocks. spools really low (around 3200) and pulls all the way to redline. i'm only running 8psi but its absurd for such a low boost level.

V

·
0 Posts
i just got a 14b with the j pipe and iam looking to make like 200ish horsepower with the ryte tune i think they really reliable hey everybody has there facts d's rule

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
gpny said:
Just a little bit off -
1G DSM 5spd - td05H-14b
1G DSM Auto - TD04-13C

Evo 3 is a Td05H- modified Big 16g Wheel.

I use a Td05H-16G-10cm - 270hp, 240tq @15psi in 4th gear
dyno sheet in my gallery... 220tq+ from 4000-6500rpm :)
Wrong again on the auto, it's a TD04-13G or TD04H-13G. No real difference, just some have an H after the TD04.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts