Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm puting a 96 engine in my 91 crx, do I have to swap the motor mounts off of my block, or can I just get the mount from a 96... becuase the crank pully on my block is on there good (I broke my breaker bar) and I don't want to have to go to the junk yard and take an engine out just to get the mounts off of it.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
inorder to get the mounts off of the block I need to take off the timingbelt cover... in order to take of the Timingbelt cover I need to take of the Crankpully... or do I. That is my question

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
if the engine is trash, why don't you just break the cover off? It is plastic right?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the motor mount in a 91 that is on the timing belt side (Cyl#1 side) can be taken of with the cover still on. its 2 bolts that are vertically oriented that have to be taken loss. (the engine is then disconnected from the mount. and you can just slip the mount out... or are you asking about the 96 engine going into the 91 bay?

-Juan

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we'll I went to the junk yard to get the mount of another block... I have them, but can't I just get the corect mount for the 96 engine? the pointy screws don't line up with my 91 mounts. So my plan is to switch the part with the pointy screws... do you guy get what I'm saying?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
the block mount has to be can't, since the layback angle is different between 88-91 and 92-00.............

Use the 88-91 block mount.......

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I have to take the Timingbelf cover off on the 96 engine... and there for the crank pully. I don't see anyway around it... How the hell do I get the crank pully off without an impact?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts