Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I have fucking ADD and I'm going to repaint this thing all day tomorrow for like 5 in the morning. I'm going to sand it of course, but then should I just paint over it. DEF not prime it again, right. and what about a clear coat?? I think the clear is what's really missing now.
or is this a really bad idea and it's going to wrinkle in the spots I'm not able to sand with is probaly maybe 20-30 percent of it, i dunno maybe less. I can actually sand a lot of it.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88240

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
ok, I have fucking ADD and I'm going to repaint this thing all day tomorrow for like 5 in the morning. I'm going to sand it of course, but then should I just paint over it. DEF not prime it again, right. and what about a clear coat?? I think the clear is what's really missing now.
or is this a really bad idea and it's going to wrinkle in the spots I'm not able to sand with is probaly maybe 20-30 percent of it, i dunno maybe less. I can actually sand a lot of it.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88240
BTW, it's going to be too cold. That's why mine did not come out well

60 degrees I think is the minimum, but on my paint it said 70 >_<

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, but I got one of those lights that emit hella heat in my garage plus other lights. plus a heater..........

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
It's best to do it when it is warmer out. I tried painting my grille and it didn't turn out to well (upon closer inspection) so i sanded it down and painted it on a warm afternoon.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm, well, I've seen the reverse effect of that when it was pretty hot in my garage, but I mean there was other factors. really I don't have time. it i'm going to do it again the time is now.

^did you reprime it??

Any tips on clear coat??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts