Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i should have asked before but since my turbo was bad and its off now i just want to make sure my oil drain fitting on the pan was ok. heres a pic. thanks for your input...
this is how high it should be on the pan right??

B

·
0 Posts
Yours looks good to me.

Want to see something scary? Check mine out... :eek:

The custom manifold my buddy made sat the turbo way too low. I am eventually going to fix this by getting a scavenge pump or new manifold. I have about 1,000 miles on my car and it doesn't smoke, so that's a good thing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Man I wish I had half as much room for my turbo as you guys do in my CRX!!! My return line has to go around the charge pipe just a little but but its higher than beerbongs.. :lol:

Cj

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
this is an awesome post, it helps give me a visual before i get down and dirty! nice job guys! :D now i know what it's supposed to look like, and what it's not supposed to look like

O

·
0 Posts
for those doing custom kits, you know they make a "bulkhead" fitting that has a jam nut on the otherside of the fitting allowing it to be tightened against the pan much better than using the jbweld method a lto of you employ. the bulkhead fittings are only like $18 or so for a # -8 or -10 i believe from varous interent sources. do a search for aircraft hydraulic hoses. I got me a 45feet of -8 allow fuel liek for like $20 with 4 fittings shipped to me door.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually oscar i have a conduit fitting 3/4 inch size. it has a lock nut on the inside that is so tight .. the jb weld is just there for extra protection just incase.. and the fitting only cost 59 cents at the local hardware store.. thanks for the tip though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts