Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Standard Internals Quick question

Hi guys, havent posted much here as have been away at college but since last talking i have turboed my sohc DC1 integra.

She is currently running 204bhp and 194ft/lbs with a td04h-15g boosting 0.6 bar with 310cc Rc injectors and obd1 neptunce chipped ecu.

I was going to be forging the internals with Bisimoto components but unforunately I cannot afford everything at the moment.

Subsequently I am fitting a y8 head to enable me to have vtec and fitting ARP headstuds and uprated fuel pump and DSM's 450cc minimum.

My question is can I safely run 230bhp (200whp) on standard internals. The car does get a lot of mechanical sympathy and I am aware that if i do a bit of headwork I can increase power significantly without raising boost to much even though I would like to hit 0.8 - 1 bar pressure.

Thanks for time taken to answer questions as the d16 does not get much thought in my country and therefore knowledge about its limitations are not known.

·
Registered
1991 EG8
30 Posts
well yea u can.. ive seen 224whp stock d15b non vtec so im sure with vtec u can reach ur goal.. jus dont pressure it.. less boost for DD.. turn up when u need it

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Bisimoto components are overpriced, especially if you are importing them. There are better and more cost effective parts choices, IMO, for building an engine. As to what those are, I think poking around some of the more popular build threads will lead you to make a good decision.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Standard Internals Quick Question

@ The Acid Beaver, what is the manufacturer you recommend other than Bisimoto..? Thanks.

Its not that I am being cheap but I would like to focus on suspension and tyres at the moment so am wondering will she last for a long time if I never built the bottom end at 200-210whp, currently shes 176whp.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
It can be done and also note the boost pressure doesnt mean much. Its total hp.
So say 5psi with x turbo = 180whp
Then 3psi with same x turbo but with head work will net you the same 180whp.

So see same hp even tho lower boost. Hp breaks motors no psi.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Ex Turbo
1,826 Posts
I'm running 211whp/167wtq on stock internals. I've lasted 6500 miles so far. I built the turbo system and then went on to suspension and such. You will be very safe at 176whp.

RC Autoworks and P2P0 have custom length forged rods. Them and Go-Autoworks should have everything else you need.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
I prefer Wiseco pistons. Eagle or Scat rods are good. Once the pistons and rods are address, you pretty much have a block capable of 400+WHP that is a reliable base to build on.

To make the most power under 10PSI or so (about the limit of the stock MAP sensor), you will want to get the head cleaned up and ported by someone who has a clue, and in your case, it does NOT mean much porting at all, just treating the ports right to maximize torque.

Your engine, as long as it is in good condition, can run nearly indefinitely at 200WHP as long as the tune is done well, but it is getting close to the limit of what I could consider safe.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Standard Internals Quick Question

thanks a million guys:8:...

ya im going get the y8 head ported and just aim for 200whp for the moment...shes just a street car anyways at the moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts