Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the HF manifold allow me to keep my power steering? It's going into a d16y7. Thanks!

-tim

·
Registered
629 Posts
turbohappy said:
P/S shouldn't be a problem, it's A/C that can be dicey.
exactly. If you're a good fabricator, you MIGHT be able to keep a/c, depending on how big your turbo is, and how you run your downpipe.

·
Registered
629 Posts
i ran into the problem of the comressor hitting the clutch slave cylinder and dp hitting the compressor when i faced the compressor towards the passenger side, and I couldn't figure out how to make an intake with the compressor facing the drivers side. Maybe if the compressor was kind of facing where the condensor is it could work.

When fabricating your adapter plate, I would somehow brace the turbo exactly where you want it, bolt the mani up, and go from there...that way you don't have to cut and re-weld 50923490142 times.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
98_4drCivic said:
When fabricating your adapter plate, I would somehow brace the turbo exactly where you want it, bolt the mani up, and go from there...that way you don't have to cut and re-weld 50923490142 times.
awesome thanks bro! :p

W

·
0 Posts
A few years back someone was making adapter plates for a 14b on a hf manifold and selling them for $40-45. Does anyone have a clue who that was? I'm looking to get one and just dont have the time to make one myself.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Just rip them both out you don't need them.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Willie S. said:
A few years back someone was making adapter plates for a 14b on a hf manifold and selling them for $40-45. Does anyone have a clue who that was? I'm looking to get one and just dont have the time to make one myself.
Bmc race.. the adapter plates they make are awesome.. i used to ahve one. its very worth what they charge..

·
Registered
301 Posts
I made an adapter plate for a dodge t3 turbo for my hf manifold. faced the inlet to the trans, and angled the turbo a little and still have room for the downpipe (when my flange comes in) to clear the compressor. might need thermal a lil rap though. should be half inch. turbo oil drain just barely high enough for the top of the pan. I got some pics at home i post tomorrow. still going to use the stock hf gasket.

·
Registered
629 Posts
cvic90 said:
I made an adapter plate for a dodge t3 turbo for my hf manifold. faced the inlet to the trans, and angled the turbo a little and still have room for the downpipe (when my flange comes in) to clear the compressor. might need thermal a lil rap though. should be half inch. turbo oil drain just barely high enough for the top of the pan. I got some pics at home i post tomorrow. still going to use the stock hf gasket.
thats what always made me nervous about my setup, because the turbo sits really low...but it doesn't burn oil even after 10k miles. :TU:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts