Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wonderin what the top specs with boost any 1 has accheived out of our engines?

also where would i go to find specs?part numbers for them and also for strengthened internals

thanks guys

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the engine am running is in my name d16v1 tried searching but not a lot of joy on the d17a2 or d16v1 similar engines apart from stroke.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Im not positive but I dont think they make forged internals for your engine. If they do they are prolly pricey like the crowler rods for the b7.

Youd be better off swapping something with more aftermarket support like a d16z6 which they make everything for.

Thats what I'm doing right now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what car do you have like.

think they only make mounts for a k swap on my motor , its the type r engine but i just wanna boost big for the turbo feelin.

just testing the water at the moment see what i dig up. if no luck well looks like i'll be going old school and buyin a crx. or something to that effect.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
All d-series engines can be swapped, they use the stock mounts and everything.

I would do alot of reading here first before you try to turbo anything even your lawnmower.

Im still learning about all the different types of turbo setups.

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
I don't have any evidence so it doesn't mean much, but i have heard of people getting 250whp with a turboed D17.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive heard that the gear box is on the opposite side on my engine as opposed to the older d16s so not sure on that, if am wrong well i'll be on the look out for a y8 lol. am still learning how a turbo works at the minute lol,

·
Registered
2018 TRD
3,610 Posts
Head on over to the 7th gen section on civicforums.com (formerly 7thgencivic.com). There are several folks making high 200s on the D17s. Just take a look in the FI threads and you'll see them.

I'm slowly building mine up for an 8psi daily driver. Just put the new clutch and flywheel in today. Next project is the fuel system and D16Y8 mani swap. Gots to have the return fuel line, and I hate our plastic intake manifold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts