Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4.3 S10 prerunner
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm converting my crx to obd1 with an unknown jumper harness no problem so far, but i want to be able to read error codes through my check engine light. i identified the scs wire and i'm going to hook it to a toggle switch but i need to know which other wire to run from the ecu to the toggle.
There are 4 choices:
B2 logic ground
A23 power ground 1
B1 I power ground 1
A26 logic ground 1

I'm guessing one of the power grounds.

Please don't flame me for not searching this down i've been starring at a computer all day at work and i just want to work on my car.

THanks for the help!:punk:

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts

·
Registered
eg hatch
194 Posts
Dude your best bet is to just straight up get an obd1 harness and ecu and just do it that way.....that way you neva have to mess around trying to figure out codes....my .04 cents lol

·
Registered
1991 Civic Hatch
66 Posts
Dude your best bet is to just straight up get an obd1 harness and ecu and just do it that way.....that way you neva have to mess around trying to figure out codes....my .04 cents lol
Your best bet is to modify your existing harness. No matter what harness you have you need to get the error codes if something is wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yea, i JUSTTTT modified my Stock OBD0 Si harness with OBD1 injector clips. Just cut and splice the OBD1 injectors and wire them up to your OBD0 injector wires...and cut the GREEN clip that goes into the OBD0 resistor box, and solder them ALL up to eachother. The most irritating thing about the injector swap, is the soldering. Plus i lengthened the wires because im doing a major wire tuck. Everything else is the same clip and harness....i still need to figure out what to do with the 3 wires for my firewall mounted stock MAP sensor to convert to OBD1 Map sensor....By the way, to make your life easier about the Check Engine light issue, i think it would be MUCH easier if you get the conversion SUBharness....XENOCRON makes them..I just got mine today..SUPER EASY...Call my friends shop, (Speed Theory)...Talk to Joel, and tell him Randy sent you...That is where i got my ENTIRE OBD1 conversion supplies I needed for a lot cheaper than other places....He should give you a nice deal with whatever you need....Hope i helped?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts