Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I've spent hours scouring the internet for pics of the TB side of the D16z6 manifold to see if all of these have this weird gouge in the metal where the TB fits on.

On the lower right side, there's what almost looks like a chunk taking out of it. At first I thought maybe mine was damaged before I got it but it seems like it could be there on purpose for air flow? I've been trying to track down my idle surge and going over my engine with a fine tooth comb and I think it's prob just a lean/rich issue because it needs to be tuned and my injectors are huge.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. I circled the same spot in question on my car.

I assume this is normal and for air passage? or was my manifold damaged or dropped and coincidentally so was this persons?

Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the TB plate opening for the idle issue.

Was the manifold TB opening enlarged?
The TB and manifold look stock to me other than the gouge out of the lower right circumference of the intake mani but what I'm thinking is maybe they came that way stock because it does line up with the groove on the TB itself.

If you look at the picture of the bottom of the z6 TB, that groove lines up with the opening of the TB, so maybe it's factory?

As for the idle, I've tried almost everything I can think of. I cleaned the FITV, IACV, TB. I tested the car when it was warm by plugging both ports with my finger, didn't change the surge. I tested the TPS sensor and made sure it was reading below .5v at closed and 4.5 at open. Checked out fine.

I'm hoping the surge is tuning related due to my 1000cc injectors and my tuner on Thursday can figure it out.(I'm only running a basemap and who knows how good it is). I just wanted to make sure I checked everything possible before driving 5 hours (car on a trailer) to my tuner and wasting my time and money if I had a mechanical issue lol. That groove in the intake mani was my last concern at the back of my mind.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!!, that is a relief. I really appreciate that information. That puts my mind at ease. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on doing the thumb test, I was about to post just that.
Yes, lol. To take it to overkill lengths, I'm considering take 2 wires, hooking them up to a 9v battery and hooking them to the leads of the IACV to see if it moves back and forth with it off the back of the mani. Probably overkill but what the hell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts