Honda D Series Forum banner

Quick d15b question

854 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  hermistonkilla 
#1 ·
what d15 cranks unaversally fit in the jdm d15b? looked in the search nuthin there thnx

#3 ·
i think the d15b has the larger d16 sized journals... so no, i dont think you can

not 100% positive, but you could easily measure that to find out

#5 · (Edited)
The JDM d15b crank has the rod journals of a D16 but the mains of a USDM D15. So If you use a USDM D15 crank in a JDM d15b then you will have to use USDM rods.

Someone pls correct me if I am wrong.

#8 ·
the d15b crank is unique to its design, using 1.5 diameter main journal widths and 1.6 diameter rod widths.

so, if you wanted to use any other 1.5 crank in the jdm d15b, youd have to use the associated rods with that crank.

i.e-d15z1 crank with its d15z1 rods(137mm)
i.e2-d15b1,2,ect crank with those rods(134mm)

#11 ·
the vtec d15b has 45mm rod journals, all other d15 cranks have 42mm including the vtec-e d15b which is a d15z1 clone. however, all d15b variants (and the d15z1) use 137mm rods while all other d15 engines use 134mm rods.

the PMS piston is pretty much the only oem piston you can use for a high CR build, with the block decked .030

#14 ·
ok sorry to thread steal but i need to rebuild my bottom end on my jdm d15b.... what motor would i snag parts from? i know its not the d16z6 because the pistons are alittle longer. cananyone help or point me in the direction of the correct thread? thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.