Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can i use a z6 crankshaft in a y8 motor?
i have y8 rods & y8 pistons (crower rods n cp pistons) (king rod & main bearings) & a y8 head, y8 Toga High Volume Oil Pump.. basically everything for a Y8, but i still can't source up a Y8 crank.. i have a spare good Z6 crank.. can i use that in my setup instead?

will i have to re-buy any parts?

please help me out... need feedback ASAP!

if any one can let me know i would appreciate it very much..

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
i believe you can but there is something you have to change/do to make it work tho

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
i dont think it is the oil pump since you can use a z6 pump on a y8 no problems except lack there of a dipstick

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, i bought a golden eagle dipstick also and i dont know if that is going to work for my motor either...

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
ya, i bought a golden eagle dipstick also and i dont know if that is going to work for my motor either...
Swip'd, there was a thread on here within the last month addressing, I believe, the same issue. Did you try searching?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
according to this here a y8 crank will fit a z6 so i am going to say that a z6 will fit a y8

dont hold me on it tho

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks for the help guys, ya i did a search on here.. all i got was some1 asking about a6 & Z6 n even a B7...

and even with that thread u sent me, not many people really chimed in...

none of the big names or moderators said a damn thing on it...

i need solid concrete info...

not guys with 28 posts.. (not making fun, prob knows their stuff)

...but when i'm shooting for 430+hp i don't want to have any doubts when i say "Turn the juice up!"

so please, can i get more people to chime in here!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I would like to help ya kid.. But I dont swap cranks from one to the next... To me its not worth it.. Keep what you got and make the best of it... Knife edge and lighten the hell out of it , balance the bottom end and you will be happy

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AHHH SHIZZZAA!

i cant find a crankshaft for a Y8 without buying a shortblock..

and knife edging costs like 400 ship'd...

but ya if i could afford it right now... pffft DONE!

thnx for your help anyways..

rep for trying... and if you dont mind asking all your buddies maybe one of them might know...

looking for a black and white yes or no answer..

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
im sure someone out there has a y8 crank, just gotta look hard

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I believe so myself, since Im seeing people sayin they put Z6 oil pumps on Y8s. Plus I bought all my internals for D16z6, and ended up using a D16y7 crank and block. all works fine. im on 400miles right now, no leaks nothing broken,.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
LIke i said, I used all my Z6 shit inthe Y7, and y8/y7 cranks are the same. So yeah...only thing id look at, is where the oil pump connects, if thats the same size notch....go for it. its the same shit.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EXACTLY... that is why i cannot go and buy one from honda..

and i looked up the part #'s online and they are not the same...

*balls

1 - 20 of 22 Posts