Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new here and have a couple quick questions as im new to nitrous. I have a zex safe shot dry kit for my Y7, and know i need a colder plug but should i go 1 stage colder or 2 with only a 35 shot? and i read on here ppl say to retard the timing back but my instructions say to leave the timing alone.....which should i be doing? I also have a fpr and a little bigger injectors to richen my fuel....is a plain run of the mill afr gauge good enough to check for my richness? or should i just save for a wide band o2?

Any help is greatly appreciated as i would like to try running my kit this summer at the track!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
with a 35shot i wouldnt even bother with anything, ive done it myself and the motor is still alive...save for a wideband too

·
Registered
114 Posts
if it makes you feel any better, i even drilled out my jets til i liked it and this was on a bone stock everything y7, ghetto? yes... but i live my life a quarter mile at a time.. ran mid to low 9's(1/8mile) with a peashooter exhaust too... fun times...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also does it matter what way your solenoid is mounted? ex: upright, upside down, sideways? also i find different companys say to mount your spray nozzle different distances from the throttle body....zex says 6-18"...but the kit only comes with an 11" spray line, so mounting locations are limited.....am i safe to insert the nozzle closer than 6" like i see others doing? say 3" from tb?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Dry kits far away, wet kits close to the valves as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts