Registered
em2
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
D-series F1 stage 3 clutch
D-series Light weight flywheel
D-series Greddy turbo manifold/turbo/downpipe
DSM 450cc injectors

This is all coming out of a d16 I'm building my d17 ( yes I know. Least liked engine of the d series if not all civic engines. I know the general opinion not what this is about) I think I've read somewhere that mani can work after some alteration. Will at ANY of it work?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
exhaust manifold will not bolt right up from what i know. hopefully speedfoos can chime in

only intake manifold will swap over.

clutch and flywheel should work fine. clutch will work 100%, not certain about the flywheel

injectors depend on the intake manifold you want to run, i guess. i dont think DSMs will fit in a D17 fuel rail

·
Registered
em2
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I would happily insist speedfoos to chime in. And if he comes on here id like to say I just read that build yesterday there was so much good going in that thing. I was sad when the next thing I saw was half of the car already gone. But yeah all this is priced for a steal. If even some of the parts work out it'd be worth it to grab it. The turbo is only a t25 which won't meet my goals but at the price it'll make me happy until mine is pieced together

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Don't use DSM injectors, use RDX injectors in the stock intake mani.

Clutch and flywheel will work...

·
Registered
em2
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Injectors aren't necessary right now wasn't planning on boosting till later next season anyways. Would it be worth grabbing the turbo anyways? I mean he's only asking like 200 for dp mani and turbo. It would be as simple as getting a new exhaust mani wouldn't it?

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
D-series F1 stage 3 clutch
D-series Light weight flywheel
D-series Greddy turbo manifold/turbo/downpipe
DSM 450cc injectors

This is all coming out of a d16 I'm building my d17 ( yes I know. Least liked engine of the d series if not all civic engines. I know the general opinion not what this is about) I think I've read somewhere that mani can work after some alteration. Will at ANY of it work?
You could take that d17 crank and stroke the d16 then you wouldn't have any compatibility issues, unless of course that route is time/cost prohibitive for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts