Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Civic 4dr
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have not being on D-series for some time. A few years back, i owned an 1995 Blue/Green EH HB 5sp. Had plans for that car, but unfortunately it got rocked by a major hail storm. I promptly sold that car, and purchased a prestine 1998 black Integra RS. Did full ITR Suspension, Brake swap, with CTR red Recaros. Loved that car, but My wife and i had a boy a year ago. It was time for a 4dr.
So this brings us to why im back in the D-series family. The car i just purchased 3 weekes ago is a 2003 Civic Sedan, 5spd. It is silver, and in fantastic shape. This is my daily driver so am restricting mods to the suspension/Breaks, and doing the usual Bolt on power adders, and maybe a Mini Me swap on the stock D17. Soo i guess i want to start with the rear breaks. Before i get pummel with "Search Botton" blah blah comments, i am an experienced honda guy (With the EG/DC/EK Chassis cars) I want to do a rear disk conversion to it. I read in one of the VERY FEW articles that i was able to find on the subject that i need an EP3 SI rear disk assembly and RSX ebrake lines? does anyone have a decent link to a build thread on this? Would appreciate the help. Thanks

·
Registered
650 Posts
As far as bolt-on mods, they're not worth doing on the 7th gens. If you want to change the exhaust tone, change out the muffler, but to get any gains from the bolt-ons, you'll need to tune. And that's a couple grand...

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
A fellow 7th gen sedan out there! Show me yours and I'll show you mine :eek:

As far as doing a mini me, it is possible but when you swap the computers out you will need to get the immobilzer bypass from k-tuned (ebay link) and of course use the d17a2 head. Or if you can sometimes you can find an ECU and key/switch setup on ebay so you will have a fully startable swap. Also you can get a crower cam with the stock ECU from what I have read. Also the rear brake swap can be had from the Si hatch up to 2003 because it had the 4 lug setup (but you can swap to a 5 lug if you wanted). You can check out my sig for my thread, I haven't done much to mine but if you have any questions feel free to ask them here or my thread.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
As far as bolt-on mods, they're not worth doing on the 7th gens. If you want to change the exhaust tone, change out the muffler, but to get any gains from the bolt-ons, you'll need to tune. And that's a couple grand...
This is true. Unsure why but they just don't seem to respond as well to bolt ons as the previous generation. The motor has good potential.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Probably do to the ECU and more restrictive emissions, having to go with K-pro to be able to do any tuning is expensive for a D-series car, but you can still use it if you later decide to swap a K in it.

·
Premium Member
2003 Civic 4dr
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the Info boys! im not going to hunt down to much in performance upgrades. Just Suspension & Break mods, plus some visual updates. Not looking to make much power. Im looking at importing something in the spring from Japan. Will check out your thread BeerDrinkin. Thanks for coments boys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anything from the el 7th gen. Brakes, leather interior. Same concept as the 6th gen civics and els their basically the same car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts