Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a D16Y8 and I'm looking at putting an eBay brand turbo charger on it.
Are the eBay brands reliable enough to buy turbos from them?
I just don't want to buy a $700 kit and have it end up busting out on me or ruining my engine.
And another question, I have stock internals on my engine, would running a turbo on that be a bad idea?
I know I couldn't run to much pounds of boost on it, but I don't know if running even a small amount would end up harming my engine or not.

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
PLEASE SEARCH. just like everything Ebay its hit or miss. why dont you do a small HMT setup like me. and as long as you dont change rev limiter, and youre not going over 250 hp a stock motor will be fine. hell they can even take more than that.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
^Idk bout all that but. Personally I wouldn't take a stock bottom end (d series) past 235whp but thats my opinion and is generally regarded as a safe limit.

Do some research though. IMO I agree with doing a hmt setup for your first time. My first setup was hmt and you def learn a ton more by doing the research and putting it together yourself. In the end if you buy an ebay kit you're going to get some shit expecting it to bolt up when in actuality you're probably going to have to do some fabrication to get it to fit.

GL with the setup and do some reading.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.