Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that fjt now sells ycp p29 pistons that are made with the same alloy and coating as the vitaras.

I was wondering if...

1. they will accept eagle rods? In one discription it states they have floating wrist pin and on his page it says they are press fit.

2. if they will work with eagle rods, should they be able to take ~100shot?

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
i think they can take up too a 75 shot maybe a 100 shot its all in the tune and how well you can read your spark plugs .

but yeah your a really indecisive person lmao.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I'am. I actually did do a turbo d16 and have thought about doing a n/a build for the third time now with a JRSC in the middle.

I actually am collecting stuff for the n/a build.

I have...

gsr tb
edelbrock IM
aem cai
head (performance porting. gave him 1/2 down)
dc header

I wish I still had the crower stg3 and springs+retainers and p29 pistons I sold when I changed my mind before, then I would almost have everything.

·
My 91 Crx Hf
2,164 Posts
yeah I'am. I actually did do a turbo d16 and have thought about doing a n/a build for the third time now with a JRSC in the middle.

I actually am collecting stuff for the n/a build.

I have...

gsr tb
edelbrock IM
aem cai
head (performance porting. gave him 1/2 down)
dc header

I wish I still had the crower stg3 and springs+retainers and p29 pistons I sold when I changed my mind before, then I would almost have everything.
hell yeah, that'd be nice lil build right there im sure you'd hit around 140whp, if you did get the rods, and 50 or poss. 75 shot im sure would be a great dd/nitrous for track ;) this is your dd right?

i'd probably splurge the extra bit to get some forged 9:1 pistons if your goign to get the rods, then get your head milled when the work is getting done for the bump in compression... but that'd be an extra $400 or so, but you could throw all the nitrous you wanted at it or poss. turbo it as well lol

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I think you can modify the piston to accept Aftermarket rods..

The pistons are for a pressed fit wrist pin..
Call your Machine shop and they shoul dbe able to tell you if it can be done..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts